chapter 1

MANEATER

MANEATER

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔
   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .                   ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶   ✦

i made my way between the people to go find neteyam since we needed to train the other kids and he was missing so i had to go get him myself.

"hey kamari" a random boy greeted me "hey" i said back not even looking at him, too busy finding that sully boy.

i stopped getting squished by people when i spotted neteyam by the river, a slight smile tugging on my lips.

i knew he'd be here, he's always at the river. ever since we were kids he was always sticking around with this place.

making my way towards him slowly so he won't hear me yet, he was holding his bow ready to shot a fish but he was tense.

he's normally really laid back but his back posture was stiff and his unsteady breath made his shoulders shake, not being able to aim properly.

thank eywa i am kind.

i step louder to let him know i'm here so i won't startle him "neteyam you're late" he turns his head at me with a little grin signaling with his head to come closer to him.

"i'm getting this fish and we'll go" with that posture honey no you won't.

i sigh placing one of my hand on his back and the other on his chest to prop his back straight, then pressing down his shoulders to relax them down because damn.

man was tense as fuck.

"thank you" i nod at him stepping back realizing how close we were.

"hurry neteyam" the arrow shot straight through the fish, a proud smile on his face as he held it up to me to see the fish still fighting for its poor life.

i roll my eyes walking away from him, the kids hate when we are late. always making us play with them first as a punishment and sometimes i'm tired so i don't feel like it and that sometimes is now and neteyam being late making me late also was not a good thing.

"wait up" he caught up to me throwing the fish into a nearby bowl putting his arrow back behind him.

"you tired?" how did he even notice?