chapter 2

MANEATER

MANEATER

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔
   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦

"why would you make us go look for flowers that don't even exist dad?" i asked tsu'tey with a pissed look on my face, neteyam next to me.

my dad was just trying not to laugh until he looked over to jake that was across the room and bursted out laughing together.

i look at neteyam with a 'done with their shit' face as he nod at me feeling the same thing.

"is this funny?" i turn to neteyam who shook his head at me almost scared to disagree with me "how is this funny?" i asked again now pointing my finger at my dad and jake.

"hey! i swear i wasn't apart of this-" jake tried to explain "then why are you laughing?" neteyam asked not knowing what the fuck was going on.

is this some kind of boomer kind of prank or what?

"look i'll explain okay?" i nod at my dad for him to go on.

"okay so.. we needed you two out of the village for some time and i didn't know how to make you leave so that worked just well"

i look over to neteyam who was already looking at me with the same look on his face.

"why would you want us to leave?" he asked as i backed his question up.

the smirk on his face fell defeated "look i don't need to explain myself to you two-" "yes you do! we wasted hours looking for those stupid flowers!"

"hey!" he raised his finger at me with a serious face "they're not stupid" i roll my eyes at him, does it really even matter?

"you will understand eventually" jake came in between us "i promise now let's all move on with our day" he kept speaking with a nice and calm voice.

i sigh stepping back from jake and tsu'tey "whatever" i turned my heel walking away but not before my dad had to have the last word like the baby he is.

"don't whatever me young lady!" i could hear the amusement in his voice when this isn't funny at all, why would you do that?

neteyam didn't follow me, probably thought of giving me space. why do i want him to follow me?