§||Chapter 1: What We Call Love||§

You wake up to Mother screaming your name. You can barely make out what she is saying out of exhaustion. After all, you only got two hours of sleep last night from doing chores. This, hosever, does not keep your thoughts from racing. I should be better at this! It's been ten years! Come on Y/N! Get it together! Stop being useless, and give Mother a reason to be proud! "Y/N, get your tailless flank down here!" You freeze, it sounds like she is coming closer. You snap out of your trance and hurriedly rub the sleep out of your eyes as you push yourself off of the mattress. You hear Cody below your attic room, trying to distract Mother,"Heeeyyy Mom, did I tell you about how good breakfast was this morning?" "No,we haven't had breakfast yet because Y/N won't get their lazy skin down here!!!" She hissed in response. Cody always tried to help you out in situations like these, but, unfortunately, he was not very quick-witted. You hurried down the ladder to the attic before Cody got himself in more trouble. You stood in front of Mother and Cody, dusting yourself off and straightening your posture to look more presentable. In response, Mother slapped you across the face. You simply stayed quiet and resisted the urge to rub your stinging cheek. "What took you so long?!" You opened your mouth to speak before being interrupted. "You know what, I don't want to hear whatever pathetic excuse a worthless human like you could possibly come up with. Go make breakfast." You clicked your mouth shut and fast-walked to the kitchen, not wanting to upset Mother further.

You decided to make simurgh omelets as it was Mother's favorite breakfast dish. Cody complimented the food after you all finished eating while Mother scowled and complained about the texture. Ah, forgetful Y/N. you should have remembered Mother likes her omelets well done. Mother sends you out for your daily grocery shopping as she warns you not to run away. You comply and head out of the house and into the busy streets of the Hidden City. Let's see, more simurgh eggs, simurgh meat, milk, cheese, bread, and apology flowers. You recite the list in your head as you go stall to stall in search of the items. While you are scanning the stalls for the last thing on your list, you see a strange bug flying around. "Hybrid tea roses! Selling lovely hybrid tea roses!" Your attention immediately turns away from the odd insect as you rush over to the rose stall. These will be perfect for Mother! You think as you hold the beautiful flowers in your hands. Suddenly, you feel a sharp pain in the back of your neck as your bones begin to snap and your body wails in pain. You look up at the stall owner who has a shocked look on his face. "H-elp...M-e!" You plead in agony before everything goes black.

You awake in front of the same stall with a sharp headache at the base of your skull. As you open your eyes, you notice something different. Reds, yellows, and oranges are more pronounced white greens, blues, and purples are more faded. You carefully stand up, catching your reflection in one of the shop mirrors as you do. You have to do a double take before you run to the mirror excitedly examining your new body. Mother will be so pleased. You think to yourself as you giddily pick up your dropped grocery bags and head for home despite your headache.

This is what you look like: https://share.icloud.com/photos/05924m4w8Zbu1A7Gk5856UymA Again, a short chapter for pacing purposes.

(609 words)