Chapter 1: The Invaders' Arrival

Izuku Midoriya limped as he walked home from school. Today, things had been quite hellish. He had been cornered by his former childhood friend, Katsuki Bakugo, and was beaten up pretty badly. Then, when he arrived at his class late, he was given detention by his teacher, who wouldn't allow him to explain his tardiness. Lunchtime came later, and he was tripped by one of the students, causing him to land face-first into his box of katsudon. As most of the students laughed at his misery, he ran out while crying.

At detention, he could've sworn that he saw the teacher smirking to himself. But he couldn't be 100% sure if that was the case at all. As soon as he left, he was cornered once again by Bakugo's lackey. They wasted no time beating him up again.

"You're just a waste of space, Deku," Bakugo had said to him. "You know what weak wastes of space should do? They should take a swan dive off of the roof and hope to be strong in the next life!"

As Bakugo and his lackeys left, Izuku was left crying in misery. After about five minutes, he got up and began to limp his way back home.

I'm so weak, he thought to himself sadly. No matter what I do, I'm always a weakling. I wish my life wasn't so hellish. Will things ever get better for me?

"Izuku-kun," called a voice. The boy turned around and saw two friendly faces looking at him with sympathy. One was a girl with brown hair and a permanent blush on her cheeks. The other was a boy who moved in a robotic way and wore glasses.

 The other was a boy who moved in a robotic way and wore glasses

"U-uraraka," Izuku said

"U-uraraka," Izuku said. "Iida-kun."

"Midoriya, are you okay?" Iida asked. "You look a bit... *ahem* terrible."

"Let me guess," said Uraraka. "Bakugo and his goons jumped you?"

The only thing Izuku could do was nod sadly. Iida and Uraraka sighed sadly and led him to a bench. Izuku winced a bit as his bruised and wounded arms were cleaned and bandaged.

"Th-thanks for doing this, guys," he said. "And... I'm sorry for being so weak."

Uraraka smiled sweetly and shook her head. "No need to be sorry," she said. "Just know that you always have friends who will support you no matter what."