Chapter 2: Surprises

"Whoa, the aliens picked you?" Kirishima asked.

"Y-yup," Izuku replied. He was sitting in the cafeteria with his three friends and had explained his situation.

"And you're up against a girl in a tiger bikini who can fly?" Ochako asked.

"That's right," Izuku said. "So now, I'm trying to figure out a way to beat her. I need to grab her horns. The question is this: 'How do you grab the horns of someone who can fly?'"

"Hmm," said Iida with a hand on his chin. "This is gonna be a bit tricky." He then glanced at the green-haired boy. "Do you know how fast she can fly?"

"I don't exactly have an estimate for that," Izuku admitted. "But I can tell that she's very fast. So, how can I grab someone who is very fast?"

"What if you predicted where she's gonna be when she flies by?" Kirishima suggested. "That way you can get the drop on her."

"That's a good suggestion," Izuku said. "But once I grab her, how will I reach her horns?"

"Well, there is one way I can think of," said Uraraka with a blush. "You might need to grab her leg and climb your way up to get to her horns."

Izuku's face turned bright red. "Um... let's think of another way to do that," he said. "I don't want to make her uncomfortable or make her think I'm a pervert."

"Izuku, that girl is your opponent," said Iida. "And yet you're still being polite about her. Why?"

"Ah, come on, man," said Kirishima. "Midoribro has always been polite. Even when people hurt him! That's one of his best qualities, you know!"

Iida was silent for a moment before nodding. "Yes, yes," he said. "You're right, Kirishima. I'm sorry if my comment made it sound like a bad thing."

Izuku gave him a kind smile. "No worries," he said. "I know that you mean well. But still, how can I grab her horns without looking like a pervert?"

They all thought for a moment. Suddenly, they were interrupted by someone bumping Izuku's head into the katsudon that his mom had made for him. What followed was the sound of a sadistic laugh.

"Whoops," said the familiar voice of Bakugo. "I didn't see you there, Deku!"

"Whoa," said Kirishima as he scowled at the hot-headed bully. "Not cool, dude! Not cool!"

"Shut up, crappy hair," snapped Bakugo. He turned his fierce gaze to Izuku. "I heard that you were picked to fight one of the aliens. Is that true?" Izuku was silent until Bakugo grabbed him by the shirt, making him yelp in fear. "ANSWER ME, DAMMIT!!"

Izuku shook before slowly nodding. "Y-yes," he said. "I-it's true!"

Bakugo scoffed and dropped him. "Why would they pick a useless weakling like you?" He asked. "You're gonna die against him!"

"It's a girl," Izuku said suddenly. "And I don't need to fight her! I just need to grab her horns, despite the fact that she can fly!"

Bakugo stared at him before he slowly began to laugh. His laughter got louder and louder before he finally calmed down. "Are you serious?" He asked, panting heavily from laughing. "A game of tag with a flying girl?! That's so stupid!"

"Bakugo, this is no laughing matter," said Iida. "Izuku needs to win this within ten days. If he fails, our planet will be invaded. Don't you see how serious this is?"