Chapter 4: The Kid with Fire Breath

"Darling, why do you keep doing that?"

"Huh?"

"Why do you keep looking at your bandaged arms?"

Izuku and Lum were sitting on Izuku's bed. The boy kept glancing at his arms and feeling shame. It didn't take long for Lum to notice as she began to feel concerned. Izuku glanced at her and sighed.

"Sorry," he said. "I just... feel so ashamed of how I was often jumped and hurt by Bakugo and the other students who enjoy hurting me. These bandages feel like a reminder. A reminder of how weak I've been to protect myself from such abuse."

Lum gently took a hold of one of his arms and stroked it with her fingertips. "Didn't the teachers try to stop him?" She asked.

Izuku shook his head and sighed sadly. "No," he answered. "They all play favorites. Bakugo has always been their favorite since he's a straight A student. I don't know what they have against me at all."

Lum felt sad as she listened to the green-haired boy's story. She looked at his bandaged arms again. "Do your arms still hurt?" She asked.

"No," Izuku answered.

"Oh," said Lum before taking a deep breath. "Darling, may I remove your bandages?"

Izuku looked up at her and felt scared. "A-are you sure you wanna do that?!" He asked. "I'm afraid of how disgusted you'll be by how ugly they look."

Lum smiled gently before placing a hand on his cheek. "It's okay," she said. "No matter what happens, you'll always be my Darling."

Izuku saw honesty in the girl's eyes. He took a deep breath and nodded. "Okay," he said. "Go ahead."

Lum nodded and was about to remove the bandages when they suddenly heard some loud noises.

CRACKLE!!!

CRASH!!!

BOOM!!!

They both jumped at the noises and ran to the window. They saw a small wisp of smoke rising before glancing down. There they saw a strange object in a crater. They quickly went down to the crater to get a better look.

"What the?!" Izuku said. "What is that?! It looks like some kind of... peach. Not like any peach I've ever seen!"

This peach was incredibly big. So big that Izuku had to carry it with both arms. The poor boy's legs shook as he struggled to carry it since it was a lot heavier than he thought.

Luckily, Lum took the peach and floated a foot or two off the ground. "Don't worry, Darling," she said. "I've got it. Come on, let's show this to your mother."

"O-okay, then," said Izuku. With that, the two headed back to his apartment.

Once they were inside, they showed the big peach to Inko. The sweet mother stared at it in awe. "Oh, my," she said. "I've never seen a peach like this before."

Izuku leaned close to the peach and placed his ear against it. He then went on to knock on it. To his shock, the peach was a bit harder than he thought. But what shocked even more was what he heard next: "HEY!"

Izuku leapt back in shock, making Lum and Inko yelp. Lum held onto his arm and asked, "Darling, what's wrong?"

Izuku took a few deep breaths before answering. "I thought I heard a voice in the peach," he said. "It sounds like there's a kid trapped in there."