Chapter 5: Strength, Weakness, and Scarred Arms

It was quiet in the Midoriya residence. Too quiet. Lum, Ten, and Inko were seated in the living room with looks of concern on their faces. It had been about a week since Ten gave Bakugo a well-earned blow to the face. For the past two days, Izuku had remained in his room. He didn't  come out at all. Not even to enjoy his favorite food! That last part was enough to raise a red flag!

Lum finally broke the silence. "Okay, we all know why we're here," she said. "Darling hasn't been out of his room for two days. He won't even let me in. I'm very worried!"

"We all are," said Inko. "I always worry for my baby, but this is too much. I hope he isn't torturing himself."

"Actually, I know what he's been doing in his room," said Ten. "I took a peek through his window and saw him doing some exercises."

Lum glanced at her cousin with curiosity. "Exercises?" She asked.

"Yeah," Ten replied. "I've seen him doing push-ups, lifting weights, running in place, and even punching a punching bag. I think I know why he's doing all of this. I believe that he wants to be strong enough to defend himself so that he doesn't worry you or Mrs. Midoriya."

"Ten, please call me Inko," the kind mother said. "You're part of the family now. Anyway, he's been exercising without eating anything?" She sighed as she saw Ten nod his head. "Oh, my baby boy. That's not healthy at all."

Lum put on a stern look. "Okay, no," she said. "I will not stand for this! My darling needs food as much as he needs exercise!" She floated over to the kitchen and pulled out some katsudon that she had made for him last night. Then she warmed it up in the microwave and floated to her beloved's room. Ten and Inko both got up and followed her to the boy's room.

Lum landed in front of Izuku's door and knocked. "Darling," she called. "Are you okay in there?"

She was met with silence. Just as she was about to knock again, she heard the sound of grunting, like someone struggling to get up. Soon, the door opened and Izuku was revealed. He looked like a mess. His green hair was messier than before, his eyes had dark circles under them, and his breathing was a bit heavy.

Lum gasped and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. "Darling, are you okay?" She asked.

Izuku tried to smile reassuringly, but it was a weak smile. "I'm fine," he managed to say.

Ten narrowed his eyes and floated in front of Izuku's face, making the boy yelp and fall down onto his bottom. "You're clearly not," he said. "You look exhausted!" He took a few sniffs and nearly gagged. "And your room reeks! What is going on?!"

Izuku looked down and sighed. "I'm trying to strengthen myself so I'm not worrying everyone I care about," he said.

"Oh," said Ten. "That explains the weights and stuff. But, you're pushing yourself too hard! You haven't been out of your room for two days! We've been worrying about you nonstop!"

Izuku saw the concerned looks on everyone's faces and felt guilty. "O-oh," he said, his voice full of shame. "I'm sorry."

Lum smiled gently and patted his head. "No worries, Darling," she said. She then took his hand and guided him to the living room. She then sat him down on the couch, pulled up the katsudon. "First things first, we need to get some food in you. Now, say 'Ah.'" She picked up some katsudon with a pair of chopsticks and slowly brought it to his face.

Izuku's face turned bright red, but he decided to open his mouth anyway. As he felt the food enter his mouth, he suddenly realized how hungry he was! So, he let her feed him since he knew how worried she had been for him. Despite his heavy blush, he managed to smile at the girl's sweet gesture. Soon, the katsudon was gone and Izuku felt better.