Chapter 7: The Nurse

Izuku slowly opened his eyes, only to smile and blush at the sight before him. Lum was fast asleep beside him while Eri was sleeping peacefully on his chest. He recalled what had happened the other day. How he, Lum, and Ten had a run-in with the little girl. He was wondering just how bad things had been for her.

Considering the bandages on her arms and legs, Izuku knew that Eri needed to see a doctor soon. But who could he bring her to? As far as he knew, if the police didn't seem to care for her then how could any doctor care? For that matter, why didn't the police bother to help the child?

As he kept thinking, he suddenly felt Lum move a little. He glanced at her and noticed her smiling at him. "Good morning, darling," she whispered lovingly before kissing him.

The green-haired boy blushed. "G-good morning to you, too," he whispered.

Lum took a quick look at Eri and smiled at her sleeping form. "She looks so peaceful," she said. She looked up at Izuku and noticed his look of concern. "What's wrong, darling?" she asked.

"I'm very concerned about those bandages on her arms and legs," he answered. "She needs to see a doctor, but I don't know if any of the ones from the hospitals will help. If the police wouldn't help her, then what are the chances of some doctors lending her a hand."

Lum nodded. "I agree," she said. "So, what do we do?"

"I... I don't know," said Izuku as he looked down.

"Hmm..." Lum thought for a while. "I don't know either. Maybe we should ask your mom."

"Well, it's better than nothing," said Izuku before getting up. He gently picked up Eri and carried her to the living room while Lum floated after him.

Inko was currently in the kitchen, getting breakfast ready. She heard footsteps and turned around, smiling at the sight of her son and Lum. She then noticed little Eri in her boy's arms and frowned.

"Oh, the poor dear," she said. "What do you two plan on doing now?"

"Well, we want to see if we can get her to a doctor or something," said Lum. She floated over her beloved's shoulder and felt sad as she saw Eri. The little girl may have been asleep, but the memory of how terrified she had been was still fresh on her mind. "But, considering that the police were no help at all, what are the chances of any hospitals being eager to lend a hand?"

Inko felt sad as she continued to cook breakfast. So the little one needs a doctor, huh? But if the ones at the hospitals won't help, who will? Also, what are the police hiding? Could it be that the man who hurt Eri... has struck fear into their hearts? If so, who is that man?

Izuku and Lum sat on the couch in the living room with Eri still in the boy's arms. Soon enough, the child's eyes slowly began to open. She looked up at the couple who smiled at her.

"Good morning, Eri," said Lum. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I... I think so," said Eri. Her voice was soft and timid. "Wh-what will happen now?"

"We're thinking about taking you to a doctor so we can get those bandages taken care of," said Izuku. He quickly hugged her gently as he saw her begin to shake in fear. "Don't worry. We'll make sure that it's a doctor we can trust."

"That's right," said Lum with determination. She closed her eyes and clenched her fist. "I'd like to give that demon a piece of my mind!"

Inko heard what Lum said and suddenly gasped quietly. Demon... demon... Wait! Of course! Why didn't I think of her before?! Maybe she can help!