The Business Deal

"Ha! Take that!"

"Hey! No fair!"

"Dude, your skills are as low as a kindergartner. At least level up your weapons."

"At least I don't need to level up my taste in clothing."

Phoenix tapped the speed button, landing her last push on a small arrow to command her last punch. Her character overpowered Louie's avatar, ending the fight. The game buzzed with techno-type music. The words Victory flashed on the screen, and she shot the young duck a smirk, who only huffed in response.

She had been invited by Webby to stay at the McDuck Manor during spring break. Baloo was alright with it. He would be busy anyway for the next few days delivering cargo on a spare plane, as well as fixing up the Seaduck. Mr. Scrooge did not mind having the young dark cheetah over. If anything, he was just glad someone utilized his old training room. Phoenix was skilled in combat, and he was more than happy to give her some tips here and there. Webby and Phoenix would study and research on future locations to go adventuring on. Lena and Violet visited every other day, joining in on their research. The triplets however were at first wary of the cheetah, but eventually got used to her spunk and sarcasm. Dewey was the first of the trio to approach her. Evidently leading to him teaching her how to set up pranks properly. Louie followed after, finding that they shared a joy for video games as well as music. Huey usually joined them with Phoenix in whatever they were doing. He took notice of her combat abilities, usually testing out tactical attacks for her to use in her next cage fight. The two both indulged in strategic planning, and Phoenix was the one to help him step back to see the bigger picture sometimes. He was kind of an OCD type of person. She didn't mind since she's known Bagheera for a while as her teacher.

"Aaaannd that's round number 45. I say we call it a day."

"C'mon Phoenix! At least give me one more chance to beat you once so I can finally gloat!"

"You'll have to wait for another time," Phoenix set down the game controller. "Little tip: use two attacks at the same time. You'll inflict more damage that way."

Louie sighed, and nodded. "Thanks, I'll test that out."

Webby barged into the room with the crash of wooden doors opening. Lena casually walked in while the little duck hopped up and down energetically.

"Phoenix! Phoenix! Guess what?! Look what I found!" Webby pulled out a slender katana. Rose gold accents decorated the case the sword was inside in. The handle was adorned with similar carving patterns. She handed it to the dark cheetah, who inspected it carefully.

"What's this?"

"It's the katana you found while we took on that adventure in Japan. Remember the Samurai's Temple?"

Phoenix's eyes lit up in realization. "Oh yeah! I almost forgot about this old baddie." She unsheathed the sword and gave in a swish. Memories flooded in her mind of when they faced off an army of zombie samurai warriors. Her sword had at least slayed more than several on that day, cutting through each warrior with ease and grace. "Thanks Webs. I was gonna come over and pick it up, but I guess it must've slipped my mind. I was just busy with school and all."

"No worries," Webby smiled. Phoenix set the sword aside and checked her phone. Her eyes widened as she set it back down and hurried to grab her backpack.

"Oh my gosh! I totally forgot I had track practice today with Coach Phil and Maddie!"

"You really need to set a reminder on your phone." Huey commented.

"Tried that, still forgot stuff,"Phoenix hollered back as she ran to the kitchen. She grabbed her water bottle and sprinted out of the mansion. " I'll see you guys later! Also tell Mr. Scrooge I'm borrowing twenty bucks! I'LLPAYHIMBACKLATEROK BYEEEEE!!!"