Teasing and Trust

3rd POV

If anything helped you sleep, it was staying up all night playing monopoly and uno until you drop. Literally.

Phoenix was deeply asleep, surprisingly. After spending practically the entire night playing board games with Webby and the McDuck's, her body had given up on staying awake. This might've been the first night she's ever slept for eleven hours straight. 

Her eyes peeled open slowly as the sun spilled into her bedroom. The entire mansion was peacefully silent as the ambience of twittering birds outside her window. Leaping out of bed, her gaze landed on her suitcase which was neatly resting against the wall beside her door. Regrettably reminding her of the last moments she'd stay in the mansion. 

Phoenix sighed, and decided to get ready for the day. Might as well get this over with and rip it off like a band-aid. She slipped into her outfit from yesterday since she kept it clean after the Trial. It made it easier to pack her clothes and not worry about a completely new outfit for the following day. At least that's the logic she settled on. 

(outfit reference for Phoenix. A patch is for Apex Academy, her school)

As she headed downstairs, she made her way into the living room

As she headed downstairs, she made her way into the living room. Webby was already awake, reading in her journal until she noticed Phoenix. 

"Morning Phoenix. You sleep good?"

"Yeah, I actually did surprisingly."

"Guess who won monopoly last night?"

Phoenix shrugged. "Lemme guess, Scrooge?"

"Nope! Maddie did! Scrooge wanted a rematch but everyone was practically going into hibernation by then. I think it was until 2:00 in the morning."

"Dang. I think I was already asleep by then."

Webby nodded. "Yeah, you fell asleep soooooo deep none of us could wake you up! Louie even used an air-horn but nothing worked."

Weird. Usually Phoenix was a light sleeper. This was a bit out of tune for someone like her. Then again, last night was a long but joyful one. And she was happy to have spent it with them.

"Well, next time get Launchpad to yell in my air or rev up a plane to get me awake."

The two giggled at that. Knowing Launchpad, that loveable oaf could've snapped a sleeping bear awake just by whispering.

As the morning rolled on by, breakfast was served as everyone started trickling out of bed. Louie was the last to wake up and arrive downstairs. Still in his green hoodie with bags under his eyes. Unlike his brother, Huey donned an attentive smile with a nice red collared shirt. Phoenix found it amusing how the triplets all looked similar yet had distinguishing personalities. Mad eit all the more entertaining to have them on adventures. Adventures she was going to miss once she was gone.