What Big Brothers are for?

"Penelope come back here!" Reynold scolded the toddler as he chased her down the hallways of the mainson. The toddler giggle as she ran butt naked as she turned a corner singing the words "No baths, No baths~" over an over again. The little girl almost maded it to the stairs before Derrick grabbed her.

"No bath!" screamed the Toddler as the teen glared at her firmly saying "Yes bath, or no chocolate!" That stopped the toddler's tantrum in it's tracks, he handed her to the maids ordering them to be more careful in the future. Penelope peeked over the maid who was caring her, shoulder before waving goodbye "Bye bye Rey-rey! Bye Bye Derry!"

Derrick turned around to see his his brother looking out the window, with a light blush on his face. The heir of the Duchy asked him what his problum was, an at first it looked like the young pre-teen wasn't going to talk but not glacing back he asked "Do you think if Ivonne was here, Father would have brought Penelope back?"

The black hair teen looked shook at the question but thought about it for a few moments before responding "I don't belive he would, after all Father never really went to that side of the Captial before an he only went looking for Invonne. He never would have found Penelope in the hut, and she might have ....."

The two brothers stood there silently, knowing that bright happy toddler who looked at them like they were gods would have left this world to soon. "She's not going to end up like Invonne Derrick, she won't. I'm going to make sure she'll always be safe, always!" vowed Reynold turning around to look at his older brother, who staired at him with a proud expression on his face.

Derrick nodded, it felt like a second chance to him as well. One of witch he wouldn't, no couldn't fail at this time! He couldn't lose another little sister, it it'll destory him! Closing his eyes he nodded his head, agreeing with Reynlod placing a hand on his shoulder telling him "I agree, Penelope will always be protected from the enemy, from her birth family's and our's!"

The two boys nodded before heading their seprate ways, one heading towards the training grounds and the other his office. Derrick will grow in his political power and wealth to manipulate the nobles so he could protect Penelope from rumors and two face people, even the Imperial Family themselves.

Meanwhile Reynold would grow in broth strength and his swordsmanship to be able to protect his youngest sister in the way he lacked when Ivonne was lost. No one would get past him alive, he'll deal with anyone who dares lay a single finger on her!

But the two wouldn't spend all their time on harnessing their skills, but also spend time with Penelope, playing, teaching and showing her love. They might have lost Invonne an forever they'll miss and love her, but they couldn't live in the past after all. 

If they did, then they could never heal and let their hearts open up once again. They'll look back on their emotions the day they met Penelope one day in the future, thinking themselves silly and childish but forever greatful that their Father brought that small silver hair, icy blue eye girl home.

But they wouldn't forgive him for letting the Crown Prince coming over when ever he felt like it, and claiming Penelope as, in his childish words;

 'MY DRAGON PRINCESS'!