Part 9

🖤🤍🕸️

.......................🖤🤍🕸️........................

Wednesday opens his eyes with his arms crossed exactly like a vampire, finding seeing a tall guy standing above the unconscious girl  beside him he then turns back at Wednesday, "Welcome back."

Wednesday tries to get up,  "take it easy , the nurse said you don't have a concussion, but you probably have a pretty nasty bump, huh?"

Wednesday just stared daggers at him, then looks back at the girl sleeping peacefully. Wednesday turns back to look at him says, "The last thing I remember I was walking outside feeling a mixture of rage, pity and self-disgust and some kind of weird feelings emotions ." I've never felt that way before. "

"Yeah losing to Bianca has that effect on people, I think." The guy said.

"Then I look up and saw that a gargoyle coming down and I thought, At least I'll have an imaginative death." Wednesday said.

He took a glance on the unconscious girl beside him then back at the guy."Then you tackled us out the way. why?" Wednesday said confused.
The guy shrugged "Call it instinct".

Wednesday says, "So you were guided by latent chivalry, a tool of the patriarchy, to extract my undying gratitude?"

The guys said, You know, most people just say thank you." Wednesday says, "I didn't want to be rescued."He scoffs, "So, I shoulda just let that gargoyle smash both of you?"

Wednesday retorts, "I would have rather saved both of us myself."he said while looking at the girl still asleep.

Wednesday usually doesn't care about anyone but himself ,but for some reasons he doesn't understand why he cared about the girl getting hurt and instead of just saving himself he would
save her to.

He scoffs, "It's good to see you haven't changed." Wednesday turns back and look at Xavier in confusion. He says, "Xavier Thorpe? You probably don't remember me. I... Last time we met, I was about two feet shorter, forty pounds heavier."

Wednesday confused , "What happened?" Xavier replies, "Puberty, I guess."

Wednesday asks "i meant what happened the last time we met?."

Xavier replies, "Oh. Uh. Yeah, it...it was my godmother's funeral. Apparently she was friends with your grandmother, and they spent their twenties in Europe, swindling the rich and notorious. I don't know, but we were ten, and we were bored, decided to play hide and seek."
"I had the inspired idea to hide in her casket."
, I got stuck as it was headed to the crematorium."