Part 13

(Meanwhile with Wednesday)

Kinbott asks him, help me understand why you claim you witnessed a murder." Was it to gain attention?"

Wednesday glares at her," Why should I bother telling you anything? You've already decided I'm lying. "I know what I saw."

Kinbott says, "Your life's had lot of upheaval recently. It's okay to be confused about things."

Wednesday says to her, "don't try and lure me into one of your psychological traps."

Kinbott shakes her head, "No one is trying to trap you. I'm here to help you process your emotions."

Wednesday grits his teeth and says," emotions are gateway trait. They lead to feelings, which are trigger tears. I don't do tears."

Kinbott asks him, "tell me how you're adjusting to school."

Wednesday tells her, Sartre said, "hell is other people." He was my first role model."

Dr. Kinbott informs him, Wednesday, part of the reason your parents sent you to Nevermore is so that you could find your people. Become part of a larger community."

Wednesday replies, "I like being an island. A well-fortified one surrounded by sharks."

Kinbott asks him,  "Have you considered your antisocial tendencies might be motivated by fear of rejection?"

Wednesday fires back quickly, "If you were to reject me right now, I would not be upset."

Kinbott asks him a question," so if y/n was to reject you how would you feel? Since I've heard that you too have been getting along."

Wednesday didn't replied to her

Kinbott tells him, "You can't get rid of me that easily. And look, you made it through an entire session without trying to escape. I'll take that as a win."

[clock chirping cheerfully]

Wednesday storms out of the office and hurries out of the building.

He walks out the front door when he hears Tyler behind him, "Guess you decided to stick around Jericho. Wait, you see Dr. Kinbott, too?"

Wednesday replies quickly rudely as he walks past, "What's it to you?"

Tyler follows after behind him, "I-I was just asking because I see her too."