Chapter 30- Letters from Heaven

--Marcos POV--

"It's been a month since figure skater, Dahlia Tarantino, has disappeared off the face of the Earth. In her time as a figure skater, she was a talented, decorated athlete, having won gold in the Olympics, Grand Prix, and a number of other competitions. Until her accident at the previous Grand Prix forced her into retirement only moments after she broke the world record, and made history with her jumps. So, it's no surprise that her disappearance has left many unanswered questions for the public; We can only wonder where she is right now, and what she's doing? As well as what she-"

I turned the TV off before he could finish his sentence, not wanting to hear another word of it. It's only slapping me in the face with how useless it is to have so much money when I've been deemed incapable of finding a single woman.

It's not helping my case either when the handful of people that knew of her whereabouts were refusing to tell me where she was. They all replied with the same words every time I asked as if they had a meeting prior to me asking about how they could get on my nerves, saying something along the lines of it's what she wanted. Bullshit.

And after we just confessed our love to one another; I let my guard down too early so when I next woke up, every trace of her had disappeared as if it were all just a dream.

I followed her on the CCTV but lost track of her in the airport, and for all I know, she could very well have been taking advantage of the knowledge that she knew I'd try to find her so there's also a high chance that she didn't even get on a damned plane.

"At least give me a hint,"

"You know, she's not gone forever. She'll come back eventually,"

"Eventually when? In a year? Or 10 years?"

"You guys have been separated for 5 years before, you weren't running around like a fool in those years, so why now?"

"That was different..."

"Maybe for you, but what about her?" My chest fell at his words, not being able to refute them since they were the truth. 

She's loved me her whole life and had to see the ugly sight of me with other women in that time, and it's not only that since she had to hear about all my lovers from me with a smile on her face. Isaac's right, I didn't deserve to know her whereabouts, I didn't even deserve her.

Yet here I am, refusing to believe the truth. I say I want her to be happy, but truth be told, I want to be the one to make her happy. But what am I supposed to do when I realise that that might not be possible? What if she's happy right now at whatever end of the Earth she may be hiding in?

"You're right... But, at the very least, can you tell me if she's happy right now?" I asked.

A small smile crept onto his face as he heaved out a long sigh, shaking his head in amusement when he saw the state of me, I must've looked so desperate right now.

"She doesn't talk to us much. The connections really bad so we've been forced to take up the traditional method of sending letters," I followed him into his apartment as he rummaged through one of his drawers before pulling out a white letter wrapped around with a red ribbon and a small wax stamp holding it in place.

Taking the letter from his hands, I read through the contents, a smile finding its way onto my face as I read it, almost being able to hear the sweet melody of her voice as I did.

Dear Isaac,

I hope you're well, I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly without giving any proper explanation, but I'm sure you understand why I did it, I needed to get away from the public eye, and I believe that it's the best thing I could have done for myself at the time.