Chapter 39- The Last Interview

--Dahlia POV--

"Ready on standby. Going live in a minute."

I got comfortable on the couch as one of the workers helped me out with my mic. I've had interviews before, but with this one being my last one, I couldn't seem to shake the nerves off.

Dressed nicely in a celadon green-coloured, midi bodycon dress, I sat upright with minimal jewellery, nude heels, and hair tied into a low bun with strands framing my face; I think I did well in exuding the vibe of a professional.

"Just ignore the cameras. We've gone over the questions that I'll be asking you so there won't be any surprises. Have you got anything else you want to ask before we start?" The interviewer, Sara Vitale, I learnt her name was, kindly asked.

"I'm alright." I assured with a nod.

"Just give me a sign if you get uncomfortable, and we'll go on break." Once again, I nodded at her as the people on standby got ready.

"And we're live in 3... 2... 1."

Smiling at the camera, she started speaking as I quickly gave myself a little pep talk, hoping that this went well.

"Today, we've got an accomplished athlete with us in the studio. She's a beautiful young woman who has made her country enormously proud. Breaking world records and pulling off impossible jumps all in the span of a few minutes, it's not hard to guess who she is. Even people who aren't familiar with figure skating would know who I'm talking about... Ladies and gentlemen, Dahlia Tarantino. Although, now she goes by Dahlia Romano."

Sara turned to look at me, a smile on her face as I breathed out a deep, encouraging sigh, lighting my own face up with the same smile.

"Thank you for having me here today, I'm truly honoured."

"We're the ones that are honoured here. Now, tell me, Dahlia, after the accident at your last match, you disappeared off the face of the Earth for over a month, why?"

"I see we're jumping straight in, but to answer your question; To heal. With everything that happened, there weren't a great many number of places I could freely be myself without people recognising me. Just for a little, I wanted to get away from the burden that is fame, and I won't disclose the name, but I found that place."

"So, that journey of healing you went on, would you say it's helped?"

"Yes, definitely. It was a nice breath of fresh air; I went out of my comfort zone and tried a great many new things. I made friends with people of all ages, and God... I even got married," Laughing at the last part, I flashed my wedding and engagement ring as she grinned.

"You stated before this interview that you got married to your first love, I wanted to congratulate you on your new happiness, wishing you all the best,"

"Thank you. But, yes, I never expected to be lucky enough to marry the one and only person I've ever had a crush on, but the world works in mysterious ways,"

"How did you both meet?"

"We've known each other since childhood, but I realised I loved him in high school, of course, I was never able to confess, and he went on to live his life after we graduated. We reunited at our high school reunion, which was about a year ago now, and to put it simply, that's when the sparks started,"

"And they've not stopped since. Your husband is a lucky man,"

"And I'm luckier," I breathed out a laugh.

"How does he deal with all your fame? It must be awkward when you go grocery shopping together and get stopped for autographs," Well, that's never happened, so I can't say.