Chapter 34- Say Yes

--Marcos POV--

Believe it or not, but I grew up looking forward to the day where I would become a married man. Seeing how my parents supported each other at all times made me want that same kind of love, so I believed in love. I believed that there was someone in this world that was meant for me in the same way that I would be meant for them, I truly believed that.

And now I've found her. 

And it took me a long time to realise that it was her since I never stopped to entertain the fact that the woman that I'd been looking for had been with me all along, but she loved me. And I loved her just as much, if not, more.

"You-You..." I was never at a loss for words, but of course, with Dahlia, it was different.

"What?" She asked, a cheeky little grin on her face as she awaited my answer, one I'm sure she already knew but was waiting to hear nonetheless.

"You know I'm a romantic." I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"I am aware." She nodded.

"Just as most of you girls in the world have been dreaming of your wedding day, I too have been dreaming about it. Or, to be more precise, the proposal. I've always been thinking of how I should propose to the one and only woman I'd spend the rest of my life with..."

"Oh... Did I ruin your dream?"

"You know, I didn't even get to give you my dream proposal, but somehow, you've topped it better than I could have hoped for... I love it." I grinned, picking her hands up as I peppered her knuckles with my kisses, eyes never leaving her sparkling ones.

"Who says it has to be the man that asks? I was so happy to hear an 'I love you' that I completely forgot about marriage. Thank you for reminding me." I nodded in gratitude as she laughed.

"Well, to be fair, I forgot about marriage too. It didn't even cross my mind until this morning when I saw Margot's old wedding pictures, but if I'm going to do marriage, then I'd like for it to be with you, no one else."

"Then, I'm honoured," I moved forward from her knuckles to kiss her forehead.

"I've dreamt of my wedding day too, you know." She started.

"Yeah?" I smiled at the thought of her in a wedding dress as she nodded along to me.

"I want to wear a white wedding dress too, but not a ballgown one, I wanted a simple, classical one with a long train, but not too long, and I wanted a fresh bouquet of Dahlia's instead of roses... But we're getting off topic here, are you going to answer my question?" Quickly snapping back to reality, she raised her brow at me.

How could I not love her after this?

She's been through a lot, we've been through a lot, but we're here now. Smiling, happy, and looking forward to the future. What more could I ask for?

So, to answer her question, I leaned down, wrapping my arms around her thighs as I hoisted her up into the air, her arms automatically jumping to wrap around my neck, surprise evident on her face as I grinned in pure bliss.

"Of course, it's a yes. I'd be a mad man to say no to the love of my life,"

Her own beautiful smile stretched out across her face as she placed her hands on my cheeks, bumping her forehead against mine while her lips found mine.

"Let's be happy together." She whispered in between kisses.

"Yes, I wouldn't like anything more than that." And already, I could see myself envisioning our future with the new life that we were waiting to welcome in 9 months' time.