Chapter 2

Johnny's POV
It was lunch time. I was talking to Pony about how Scarlett broke up with me on summer vacation but then I heard a girl yell Pony's name. I ignored her and started to talk to pony again. Then Scarlett came. "Hey Johnny", Scarlett said. Hey Scarlett I said quietly. "I heard there was going to be a prom in two weeks, wanna go with me?"Scarlett said. I just stood there staring at her with anger but I tried to be calm and said, "no I-I h-have a date already" I stuttered. "Oh you do alright, who is it?" Scarlett said. "Uh... I forgot her name but I will tell you tomorrow", I said so nervous. "Ok? bye" Scarlett said as she left to get her food from the lunch ladies. "Hey Johnnycakes, do you want to go girl shopping for the prom after lunch so you can prove Scarlett you actually have a date?", Ponyboy said while stuffing his mouth into the sandwich he was eating. "Nah" I said. Then Dean Anderson, one of my friends came. "Hey guys, how was your summer vacation?" Dean said. "Good", I lied. "I heard you and Scarlett broke up is everything ok"Dean said. "Yeah she cheated on me with some guy named Brock I think", I said. " Hey let's make a bet Johnny" Dean said with no hesitation. "Ok", I said quietly. " If you can make any girl prom queen I will give you $100 of cash, if you don't, then you have to make up a horrible rumor about someone" Dean said. "Alright then let's go find a girl that I can make prom queen", I said kinda loud "Wait a minute, you first have to make the girl like you as in like have a crush on you" Dean said. "Ok let's go find a girl", I said. We got up from our lunch benches and went girl shopping.

"How about that girl" Pony joked as I looked at a girl scratching her butt while talking to a boy. "Nope not in a million years", I said so quickly. "How about that girl", as I pointed to a girl who had h/c and had a large painting in her hand and then sat down. " I guess that's the winner", Dean shouted. "Now Johnny you have to go talk to her", Ponyboy said. "Ok" as I walked over to her.

Now things are getting super interesting I hope you enjoyed this chapter