Chapter 6

Your POV

        I was brainstorming on what I should paint for my project. It was 1 week before prom. "Oh I should paint that" I blurted out. I was going to paint a portrait of my dad because he meant a lot to me and I just wish he didn't get into that car accident. My dad was fun, adventurous, playful and athletic. I'm home alone right now because my mom is out drinking with her friends and Carlos is at his baseball game. I turned on some music to entertain myself and I started painting. Then I heard a knock at my door. I turned off the music and went to the door. I opened the door and I saw Johnny. "Oh uh hi Johnny" I said quietly. "Hey Y/n wanna come to the beach?"he asked.  "Sure I'll go get ready". He came in and closed the door. I ran to my room and got ready.  I grabbed my shorts and my swimsuit and a sketch book because sometimes I get bored at the beach so I draw.  I went into the living to see Johnny looking at my photo when I was young. He looked happy while he was looking at the picture. "Ok I'm ready", I said. "Oh ok let's go". He opened the door for me because he has to be gentleman...(I'm just kidding).

   YOU GUYS ARRIVED AT THE BEACH

We got to the beach in 1 hour because we were walking the whole way. I went on the sand and started to set everything. "Um Y/n not to be rude but umm... why do you have a sketch book at the beach." Johnny said confused. "Oh uh I don't know". All of sudden I saw a group of people coming to Johnny. "Hey man what's up", one of his friends said. The boy came up to me and said, "hi my name is Dean". "Hi", I said shyly. Another boy came up to me with a girl and said, " hi name is Ponyboy". "Oh hi". I realized it was the boy who hurt Amanda's feelings.  "Johnny um are these your friends", I said quietly. "Yeah". Their girlfriends came and said hi and set their things bye me. "Hi my name is Laney and her name is Taylor", Laney said. I could tell she was nice but I'm not sure about Taylor. "Hey I'm Taylor, Scarlett's best friend." Taylor said. Oh gosh it's Scarlett's best friend. "Look I know Scarlett doesn't like you and I also don't but I will try my best to be nice to you after all you are Johnny's girlfriend, am I right?", Taylor said. I blushed when she said am I Johnny's girlfriend. "Uh no we're not dating", I said. Then Dean came over and said, " hey girls do you guys want to play volleyball with us". " No" Taylor and Laney said. "Fine what about you Y/n?". I put my sketch book down and said, "fine I'll go". The girls stared at me. "Actually I'll go to" Laney said. "Ugh you guys are going to miss out on me telling you guys about a fashion magazine that is very interesting", Taylor said mad. "Whatever bye Taylor", Dean said as he handed the ball to me.

"Hey Johnny", I said as he waved at me. "READY TO PLAY VOLLEYBALL", Dean yelled. Everyone said yeah and we started playing. We played rough and when I say I mean ROUGH. Taylor got hit in the head while she was flirting with a boy next to her. I dodged the ball as it almost hit me. Johnny looked happy and I never saw him like that before. "YAY WE WON", I said to my team which was Laney, Johnny and Ponyboy. The game ended and everyone left and it was just Johnny and I. "Johnny, why do you always hang out with me all of sudden now", I asked. "I thought you were cool and super nice and I like people like that so yeah", Johnny said as he smiled at me. "I've got one question, would you like to go to prom with me?", Johnny said as he handed me a rose from out of nowhere. "I mean why would i say no,so of course." I said. Johnny hugged me and said, "ok". Johnny had a wide smile ear to ear while we were walking. We got to my house and we said our goodbyes and said goodnight.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Laney Smith

Taylor Bennet

Taylor Bennet