Chapter 8

Your POV
It was Monday in the morning at school. Three more days until prom. I was walking with Amanda when all of a sudden I kept hearing good job, nice work and you go Y/n. I was confused until Laney came up to me and handed my a flier with my name on this. "Look Y/n", Laney said. I took a look of the flier and it said "Vote For Y/n For Prom Queen". "Who the hell would nominate me for prom queen" I yelled out. "What the hell", Amanda said confused. Scarlett was coming over to us and she looked furious. "Looks like I have to do a competition with you Y/n", Scarlett said mad. She looked redder than a tomato. "What do you mean?", I asked. "Ugh what do I mean. What I mean is prom queen." "Look Y/L/N, if you ever come across me you will regret it", Scarlett said while walking away. "Geez she really wants to be prom queen", Amanda said. I looked at people wearing my style of clothes and they wore those buttons that you put on your clothes that kind of says vote for blah blah blah. "Seriously who did nominate me", I asked. "Maybe I did maybe I didn't", Amanda and Laney said at the same time.

It was now lunch time and I was sitting with Amanda,Laney, Johnny and Ponyboy. I have a little cousin that goes to this school. His name was Leo. He came over to our table to give out parmesan because we had pizza for lunch. "Wassup Y/n", Leo Said. "Hey Leo". Leo was about to leave until two boys pushed him on the ground. "Hehe slugger, give me that", one of the boys said as he yanked the Parmesan from him. "Oh my gosh that's my cousin", I said to my table. Johnny stood up and went over to the bullies. "Hey what are you guys doing", Johnny said trying to look tuff. "Oh uh nothing", one of the boys said sounding frightened. "No I see your messing with my friend's little cousin." "Can you hand me that pizza please", Johnny asked the person who had a pizza. He held the pizza in his hand and said, look if you try messing with him again you will be sorry", Johnny said. He smashed the pizza in the boy's face and they ran off. I looked at Johnny from our lunch table and he looked back. "Ok anyone want to try messing with me again!", Leo yelled. Everyone said no and continued talking and eating. "Oh my god", I think Johnny is a hero for your cousin", Laney said. "Yeah I guess". Johnny came back to the table. "I am a hero", Johnny said while sitting next to Ponyboy. We continued eating until the bell rang. I was in charge of decorating the prom so I had to go to the gym after the bell rang. I was putting up the decorations until I heard a voice. It was Dean's deep voice. "Hey Y/n", Dean said. "Hi", I said while standing on the ladder. "Look um Y/n I heard you were nominated for prom queen is that right?". "Uh yeah your right." "I was wondering if you want to go somewhere with me after your done decorating?" I was confused, but Johnny and I aren't dating and that kiss didn't really mean anything but I didn't want to go with him so I shook my head. "So I guess that's a no", Dean said.  "That's a hell no". "This isn't about Johnny Cade is it, because he doesn't care for you that way, he told everybody that he still has this thing with Scarlett." I just stood there looking sad. I really did have feelings for Johnny and I didn't know that he still had feelings for Scarlett. "Can you leave please", I said quietly fine. "Ok but just one question before I leave", Dean said. "Ok". " Are you going to the prom?" "Yeah with  Johnny. Dean smirked and left. I didnt know what his problem was but I continued decorating.

I had to work a Night Shift at the restaurant I work at. I was cleaning the tables until I saw Dean coming over to me. "What do you want", I said annoyed. "Look I want to get know you and you get to know me ok", Dean said. I sighed and said, "Fine". We got to know each other really well and he seemed like a nice person to hang out with. It was now 10:00 pm and Dean offered me a ride home and I said yes. 

              ARRIVED AT THE HOUSE

I got home and got ready for bed I said goodnight to Carlos and my mom was no where to be found like I care. I climbed into my bed and got comfy. I had these weird theories about was going to happen tomorrow at school like what if I catch Johnny kissing Scarlett or us getting into a fight. But I shook it off and went to sleep.