Chapter Four: Glatt x Ghostbur

Y/n is in this chapter and is going by She/Her. I apologize for that, but I really needed a female character in this book. :)

--------------------------------------------------------

Ghostbur Pov (Same as last chapter)

I was brushing Friends' soft wool when I saw a cloud of mist appear at my feet. Oddly enough it reminded me of both me and Glatt's appearance. Were we getting another member, and so soon?

When the fog cleared a beautiful girl sat huddled in a small ball. She had pointy cat-ears and a long tail. It appeared she was a hybrid like Glatt. At first she glanced around, confused. Standing up, she backed herself against the wall, taking in her surroundings.

"Greetings!" I introduced myself, "My name is Ghostbur." I held out my hand for her to shake, but she shyly pressed herself even closer to the wall. Glatt was right behind me and similarly asked, "Hey, my name's Glatt. What's yours?"

"Y/n," She spoke softly, "Am I dead?" Her eyes were full of wonder and delight. The girl kneeled down and touched the floor, "My name is... It's. Well I don't really have one. I'm not quite sure how I got here..." She frowned.

"That simply won't do," I smiled, "How about Erika?" She shook her head. I paused for another moment and replied, "What about Y/n? I've always liked that name, and it looks fitting for you."

"Yes." Y/n stood up again, "I like it very much." Her face suddenly quivered and fell from her soft smile, "I'm really dead. But there was so much to explore, so many wonders to see and do. How short life was there."

"Did you have any friends?" Glatt asked, "Anybody you knew truly well?"

"I-" She stuttered, "Sort of. I didn't really have any parents, I was. How might you explain it? Created. You see, there was somebody who made me a Slimecicle, though I'm not sure who."

"How peculiar," Glatt replied, "It's nice to have you here."

"I want to go back," She explained, "Can you please take me back to Dream?"

"Dream?" I questioned, "I don't think you quite understand-" I tried to break things down gently, "You see uhm."

"This is your permanent home," Glatt interjected. "There isn't going back. We're stuck here forever. You're dead." He waved around, "This is limbo." Well golly he didn't have to be so harsh about it.

Y/n seemed to spiral out of control throughout the following hours, running around and trying to escape madly. Like a cat. At one point she unsheathed her claws and tried to scratch the walls down. There was no stopping the hybrid, she was in a place unreachable by any. After over a day Y/n became exhausted and eventually curled up on the floor beside Friend, his wool calming her nerves.

"What did you say about Dream earlier?" I sat gently beside her, trying not to startle her. Y/n was already in a fragile mental state.

"Dream says he found me and Slime when we were kids," She explained. "He gave him to Quackity for safekeeping, and kept me to protect me from all dangers. We'd have so much fun together!" Her eyes blazed a bright E/c (eye color). "I can see it still! I'd wake up every morning and feed all the animals, brush his horse. Then I'd make breakfast and tend to the crops. After a few hours of that he'd let me have a bite to eat and make lunch. Then I would spend hours upon hours..." Y/n tried not to cry, "Cleaning and foraging and then I'd make dinner and sleep. It was a wonderful life."

"Erm," I said, "Did you ever consider why he wouldn't let you go outside... or eat?"

"The world is a dangerous place," Her eyes widened, "Only the strongest can go out, like Dream! And besides, eating causes weakness. My master can only eat because he's so strong it doesn't affect him!"

"Darling," Glatt scratched the back of his head, "You've been fooled. Have you ever considered that Dream didn't find you, and that he uh... maybe is the one who created you and slime?"

"But why would he do that?" She asked quizzically.

"You're aware he gave away Slime because it was a failed experiment right? I'm assuming you suffered a similar fate and he couldn't give you away."

Her face fell, "I don't believe you."

Suddenly a tall figure appeared. His whopping ten feet still never ceased to amaze me. DreamXD had his usual mask and robe on, a shawl also draped upon him. A halo was above his head.

"Y/n, I have news for-" She ran and hugged him. Surprised, the god mumbled something under his breath and hugged her back. He seemed to sense that not all was well with the hybrid. XD sighed and continued, "I'm not Dream. Ever since I copied his style everyone thinks that. You may call me DreamXD, or just XD for short."

"Oh."

"I sense you have unfinished business back in the overworld," He chuckled, "How about I send a ghost as your replacement?"

"Say no!" I hurriedly pushed her to the side," Like us it will someday be trapped in this horrible palace of white walls.There is no need, nor use for it!" She nodded her head. Turning to DreamXD she replied, "No."

He sighed and hummed something, "What if I... did something else for you? For one of the three of you," XD began to cackle and in his evil voice replied, "Play a little game, shall we? I will grant one of you the powers of a god, immortality. And freedom. It's a little crowded here anyway, so go on ahead and bicker amongst yourselves. You don't have much time. Say ten minutes?"

My head almost exploded, how could he make an offer like that?!? I turned to Glatt who instantly said, "You've been here the longest, you deserve this opportunity."

"I think we should give it to Y/n," I glanced over at her, "Our mentality is a lot stronger than hers. Besides, I believe that our fate is to be here, we are ghosts after all. We may age here, but it's not like we can die again. Waiting a little longer might be better," I smiled, "And perhaps someday we shall be rewarded for our kindness."

"Fine," He grumbled, "But I'll have you know I'm not happy about this." His face

scrunched up with annoyance. It was oddly adorable.

"Y/n is going," I told XD. He sighed, "Fine. I expected more drama from that but whatever." He snapped his fingers and Y/n teleported away, "You two are too generous. I have work to do with that one, so I'll be seeing you later." And just that he was gone too. I suddenly regretted my decision, I could've been free. Ah well, nothing wrong with waiting just a little longer.

---------------------------------------------

1,134 Words! Okay that's kinda crazy I got a little bit carried away haha. I hope that you guys' enjoyed this chapter it took me all day to make lol. Please remember to take a sip of water and check out my page, I'd really appreciate it! <3 Aurora.