Chapter Seven: Y/n and DreamXD

They are underrated in this book, so I thought I would add a little bit in this chapter. Been almost a month since I updated this- sry lmao. UNITED AND QSMP 4EVER

-----------------------------------------------------

Y/n Pov

Me and XD casually laid on the sofa in DreamXD Land palace. The dazzling quartz gleamed its perfection across the living room. I felt good about myself, reviving Ghostbur and Glatt? They deserved it more than anyone else in the world after saving me before.

The other god fell asleep, so I gently tucked him in with the blanket and walked to the "Looking" room. A small cascade of water trickled down a waterfall in the hallway, the ambience very suiting. Crystal balls lined the shelves of the Looking room, and I carefully picked up the one for limbo. It was a bit foggy, so I wiped the smudge away roughly with my hand. This particular one was Ranboo, but he wasn't the person I was looking for. I put their ball back, then picked up another. Mexican Dream? That wasn't quite right... Ah there it was!

All the way at the end of the line of limbo-viewing orbs was Schlatts and Wilburs. XD had to shut the train station limbo down after The Egg wanted it for its business or whatever, so those two would just have to share. Like you'd expect, bored expressions laid upon their faces. They had already gotten two chances at live, so Ghostbur and Glatt deserved another. I placed it back and made my way back to the living room and kissed XD's cheek. As he was still resting, DreamXD didn't stir at my touch. And here I was thinking I was a heavy sleeper- that man could just about sleep through anything!

Callahan walked into the room, and noticing the other divine being he dipped his head and turned to leave. I hadn't really interacted with the "Silent God," so I signaled to him. For some reason, panic flashed on his face before he scurried away. Well that was strange.

A few hours later XD finally awoke, and I took this as my opportunity to ask him about Callahan's strange behavior. I knew all the gods, even FoolishG, who lived so far away in the mortal world as a builder. Drista the Chaotic, me the God of Animals, DreamXD the Creator, and The Egg controlled The Other Side. Seemed to me that Callahan got the short end of the stick.

"Did I do something to offend Callahan?" I asked XD, "I get he doesn't talk, but he ran away."

"Oh." XD's face fell, "I suppose I should explain some things to you, You see Y/n, Callahan used to talk. Back during the beginning of creation there was this one girl, ItsAlyssa. They were best friends, perhaps even more. Callahan as you know runs everything behind the scenes, keeps everything running smoothly by keeping the universes in balance; it's why he suggested that I take Karl under my wing. Anyways, one day things became a bit disrupted on account The Egg tried to travel through the In-Between by accident. To fix everything, he had to do a minor reset, no big deal right? Everybody would be sent to a place called the Lobby and come back with the new code. Well some way or another Alyssa was never able to return because she didn't have the password, and we haven't seen her ever since. Callahan blames himself, and takes an oath of silence until he finds her. Callahan now spends all his time searching for her in the Lobby and Homescreen. So far, unsuccessful."

"How tragic..." I murmured, "Do you think there's a way to help him?" XD shook his head, "Tried everything there is to try. You have a big heart Y/n, but you don't have to worry about everything." Something about the way he said it gave me the chills, but I shook it off. Surely it was nothing?