Chiquitita (Chris Olave)

*chris pov*
i hear the door unlocking from where i'm sitting on the couch. grabbing my phone, i checked the time.
8:23

that's way earlier than she told me she might be back, she said she was going out with her friends and won't be back til after 10.

"yo y/n" i call her over to the couch.

she looks up while she unties her shoes and leaves them by the door. she looked out of it and i was honestly a little worried, she had spent a lot of time recently in her room studying, and i can only imagine what stress she was under with all of it.

"hey what are you doing back so early, are you okay?"
"oh um i just wasn't up to stay out late tonight"

*your pov*

that was a total lie i was honestly totally overwhelmed by life right now. It was junior year of college, and honestly i still don't know what i'm gonna do with my life. i felt like i have put too much effort into my major to just quit and switch, but i don't know if i'm even interested in pursuing interior design still. the projects were taking up almost all of time, along with the other classes i had to take.

on top of that while i was out with my friends at a bar i had gotten a call from my mother informing me that after struggling for a couple weeks in the hospital, my great grandmother had passed.

that was rough to hear, especially since nobody in my family thought to inform me that she was even in the hospital at all, so i never even got to visit her and say a final goodbye.

i had excused myself from my friends to go to the bathroom and decided after crying in the stall for 15 minutes that i would just go home. i really couldn't pretend i was okay for the rest of the night.

"chiquitita, tell me what's wrong?" chris said using his endearing nickname for me after i made him watch mamma mia with me about 10 times.
"nothing it's just been a long day" i said lying
"how i hate to see you like this, there is no way you can deny it. i can see you're oh so sad, so quiet" he said directly quoting the song.
this brings a small smile to my face, as i continue to stare at the ground avoiding eye contact with him as a tear slowly rolls down my face.
"chiquitita, tell me the truth, i'm a shoulder you can cry on. Your best friend, i'm the one you must rely on" he said grabbing my hands from out of my lap and held them in between them.

i look up at him with tears in my eyes, letting a few more fall down my cheeks. "there's just a lot going on in my mind right now, and a couple recent events really aren't helping." i said through tears, not going into details right now.

*chris pov*

i could tell she didn't want to get into the specifics of it right now, which is fine, but i was really worried about her.

i wrapped her in my arms as she let it all out into my arms. i could feel her tears soak through my shirt, but i couldn't care less. shes way more important to me than some old shirt.

we stayed like that until she regained herself enough to really open up to me.

"everything is just super stressful and.. and my mom called me and said my great grandma died.. its just been a shitty day and it keeps getting worse. nobody even thought to tell me that she was even in the hospital, i never got to say goodbye. " she said in between choked breaths

i just held her tighter as she kept pouring out her heart

"she was just the sweetest ever. she raised my mom practically and was always there whenever anyone needed her. she had suffered from dementia too, but her house was full of pictures of everyone she wanted to remember. she would remember most people for small amounts of time, i remember going to see her with my mom, and for a minute she remembered everything. she remembered my mom for the first time in a while and she kept telling stories about her as a young girl, until she forgot again. she never forgot me though, everytime she saw me, she remembered who i was. she was the sweetest person i have ever met, she was everything to my mom and now shes just gone."

hearing her say all this made me tear up a lot too, i really hated seeing her so sad. she noticed me crying too and she held on to me tighter too. we stayed together, hugging each other tightly.

*your pov*

"i'm sorry, you really don't deserve to be going through this right now" chris whispered to me
"that means a lot, i mean it" you say back
"sorry for also starting a whole cry fest" he added
"no it really helped, i needed that"

finally we pulled away from each after what felt like hours, and i got up to go grab tissues for the both of us. the rest of the night was just us two together, watching mamma mia and doing other random stuff. it was really nice and i appreciated all that he did for me tonight.

this one is really short, but i didn't know what to write about and it didn't turn out the way i wanted it to

although this was kinda therapeutic for me to talk about my great grandmother, i didn't get to see her a lot considering she lives in peru, but i miss her a lot

anyway hope its not that sad and personal but love you <3

also im supposed to be studying for this huge ap test and im procrastinating a lot rn