embarrassing (ja'marr chase)

ja'marr's pov

"you could be the cockiest guy out here" tee shook his head as we stood on the sideline of the practice fields.
"all i said is that i could pull any girl here, specially them photographer girls, they just stare at me all day dude." i joked, smiling to myself when i felt a nudge from tyler next to me. i turned toward the direction he nodded his head in and saw a girl with a camera in hand scoffing to herself and continuing to walk, staring down at her camera.
"shit i hope she didn't hear that, and that she knows i was joking. uhm ma'am that wasn't, i mean i wasn't, i didn't mean that!" i loudly called to her, i didn't think she heard me until she turned her head, gave me a tight lipped smile, and a small wave before turning back around.

i pinched the bridge of my nose while tyler and tee burst out laughing next to me.

"smooth man, smooth" tee commented, patting my back before putting his helmet back on and running out on the field.
"ugh i feel like an idiot" i groaned
"you should, that was rough" tyler laughed, following tee out on the field.

we were walking over to a water station and tyler started up a conversation about a girl he had over the night before, a conversation that i did not want to be a part of.

"ew that's nasty" i groaned in disgust
"hey all i was saying was how this girl from last night was-" 
"lalalala" i sang loudly, trying to drown out tyler's talking and walking faster. he tried talking louder only for me to turn around to him with my hands against my ears and eyes closed.
"ja'marr watch out!" i heard from somebody before bumping into a solid body.

"shit-" i said as i fell backwards, hearing an "umph" and a groan from beneath me. looking over i see that same girl from earlier.

i quickly stumbled to my feet to help the girl up. "shit, i'm so sorry, i wasn't watching where i was going and i accidentally bumped into you, i'm really sorry" i apologized, grabbing both of her hands and pulling her upright, noticing the spilled water all over her.
"oh damn sorry about all the water too, i can go get you a new shirt, or an ice pack if you're hurt, or anything." i rambled anxiously
"no, no i'm fine, i don't need anything" she said gripping my shoulder to keep her balance when she rubbed her ankle.
"are you sure, i think i have an extra sweatshirt in my car i can grab" 
"trust me, i'm fine, the water will dry, plus it cooled me off" she said, unlatching herself from my shoulder.
"it's like 56 degrees though" i told her
"you've done enough, i'm fine i promise" she eyed me and walked off, leaving me to stand there in a puddle of guilt and spilled water.

deciding to skip my water break, i hurried out to my car to grab that sweatshirt. i know she said she didn't want it, but she was already just wearing a t-shirt, and now it's drenched in ice cold water.

"dude you're down bad for her"
i turned in bewilderment to tee, "i am most definitely not"
"you most definitely are, you totally embarrass yourself whenever she's around, and even after she said no to your sweatshirt, here you are looking for her to give it to her."
"is it that noticeable, god she probably thinks i'm a total pervy weirdo" i sighed, sitting down on the bench and putting my head in my hands.
"here's an out there idea, how about you talk to her like a normal human and, i don't know, ask her out" tee told me, the sarcasm thick in his voice.
"how do i even do that, if i was her i would run away when i first saw me"
"chin up, you could probably catch up to her" tee laughed as i shot him a glare.
"you're no help"
"wasn't trying to be helpful, this is pretty entertaining" he replied, yet again walking away before i could say something back.

i finally spotted her setting up a tripod in a sunny corner. i jogged over to where she was, hoping i wasn't gonna be too late when the break was over.

"hey, i know you said that you didn't want a sweatshirt, but i still feel bad, so please take it. if not for yourself, then do it for me" i said as i walked up to her.
"just for your sake" she said taking the sweatshirt without much convincing. when she reached her arm out i noticed the goosebumps lining her skin, which was relieving to me because i had finally done the right thing with her.
"okay, listen i gotta go back but i hope- err i mean i'll see you around" i quickly turned away, embarrassed, and walked off.
"gianna" i heard her say
"huh"
"my name" she replied, putting on the sweatshirt i gave her.
"oh uh, ja'marr" i turned around again because the sight of her wearing my sweatshirt might make my heart explode.
"ok well see you around 'marr" 
"mhmm" i managed to get out, my face unbearably warm from the nickname she just gave me, what is with this girl.