new house (chase claypool) part 2

"do you think we need help with all this?" i asked lia as we both stood in the garage, examining the contents of the open trailer in front of us

"don't lie i know they're already here" she said with a smile

as if on cue, a car pulls into the driveway and three of my teammates get out; cole kmet, darnell mooney, and david montgomery. (just pretend he still plays for the bears i'm in denial)

"and the party has arrived" cole yelled, shutting the driver side door

i went over to them with a smile and greeted them all, dapping them all up.

"thanks for showin up guys" i thanked them

"i'm gonna go ahead and order a pizza now so i don't have 4 complaining guys here later" lia said, pulling out her phone

"garlic knots too pleassse" monty said, drawing out the s in please

she gave him smile and a thumbs up

when she hung up on the pizza place, all 4 of us gave her a unison 'thank you' with large smiles on our faces

she just grinned widely and shook her head at our childish antics

"okay" i said, clapping my hands together loudly, slightly scaring everyone standing in the driveway

"damn man" darnell said, as he put his hand to his ear.

"so i think we should take everything out of the trailer first, and set it in the garage, then go from there" i proposed

"sounds like a plan, help me out over here mooney" cole asked, walking towards the the couches and chairs, resting on top of each other.

in a record 30 minutes, we got everything out of the trailer and lia had gone up to the delivery persons car to pay for the pizzas

"pizza is here, build-a-bears. ouch that was funnier in my head" lia said as she came to the garage with 3 boxes of pizza and garlic knots

"out of my way losers" darnell said as he bolted toward the pizzas
"i don't get it" monty said
"like were building i guess and we play for the bears" cole said
"ohhhh, yeah that isn't funny" he responded

"damn i guess i'll take the pizza for myself" she retorted
"what noo" darnell said as he went to open the box of pizza with puppy dog eyes
"ay i'm sorry, you're hilarious, don't hold me against those garlic knots" monty pleaded with her.

she gave in and we were all sat in a cult-like circle around the pizza. within 15 minutes all the pizza and garlic knots were gone and we got back to work.

there wasn't a lot left for the guys to do cause lia and i were gonna do all the work inside, we just needed to get some big furniture inside the house first.

"hey thanks guys for your help" i announced, thanking all the guys
"no problem"
"anytime"
"as long as you have food"

"bye guys!" lia yelled and waved from inside the house as they started walking away

soon they all piled back into their truck and drove off not before violently waving back at lia, making her laugh.

"okay come on bub, we have a bed frame to build" she called me inside

"coming!" i yelled

she was walking up the stairs where our new bedroom was with the slats of wood and screws in it. i saw this as an opportunity to sweep her up from behind and run up the stairs with her in my arms.

"oh my god chase!" she shouted, gripping on to me like she was dangling off a cliff.

"damn girl you're gonna break skin" i laughed as i set her down on the carpeted floor.

before i got up she latched her arms around my neck, pulling me down with her. i nearly fell over top of her and just caught myself, inches away from her face.

"hi" she whispered and i could smell the minty gum that she had chewed after eating the garlic knots, only made the urge to kiss her stronger.
"hello" i whispered back, a large smile present on my face. i took a quick glance at her lips and then returned my gaze to her eyes. "i'm gonna kiss you now" i told her softly.
"good" she responded moving her hands from my neck to the sides of my face.

what started as soft kisses against her lips turned more passionate and eventually she flipped us around to the point where was laying on the ground and she was straddling over top of me.

"oh my god, do you see what you did" she said as she paused and opened her eyes, "we were supposed to build a bed frame and now we're making out on the floor"

i moved my hands down to her hips and turned my head to look at the mess of boxes around the room.
"well is that really so bad?" i asked her, moving to kiss her neck
"ugh yes it is cause i don't want to sleep on the floor like you"  she responded, getting up and pulling me with her.

i groaned and draped my body over her, my chin on top of her head and my arms dangled around her neck.

"quit whining, the sooner we make it the sooner we can get it over with and do something elssee" she drawed out the s while dragging me across the room where all the boxes were.

"is the something else what i think it is" i inquired, leaning over to look at her. she looked up and just sent me a wink and walked out of my grip.

with the extra motivation, i started opening up all the boxes, and emptying the contents out. it consisted of many wooden slats and, thankfully, some instructions.

"this doesn't make sense" i said aloud as i stared at the instructions that were not only in a different language but also looked completely different from the assortment of parts around me.
"here's a guess, what if you use the english instructions" lia ducked under my arms to replace the paper in my hands with the one she grabbed.

"aren't you just full of great ideas" i said my voice muffled as i messed the top of her head. we finally got started on the actual building of this king sized bed. i wanted a bigger one, but we had to enlarge the closet to hold all my shoes and her clothes.

"let me use the drill" lia pleaded with me
"you keep asking so much it's making me scared of you using it, need i remind you of what happened last time you used power tools" i said referring to the time she joined me in volunteering for my nephews school play. long story short the director banned her from using any power tools the rest of the time we were there.

"that was forever ago, just let my use it once"
"okay fine come over here" i waved her over to where i was about to drill in a nail to hold in the last wooden slat to the base of the bed.

she sat next to me and i handed her the drill, which she tried to do a weird home depot dad move where she tossed it between her hands.

i slightly backed up, honestly i was scared of what could happen when a drill was in her hand.

"you know what to do?" i asked her
"yeah i got this, don't worry bout it" she nonchalantly replied, which didn't ease my nerves.

she did successfully use the drill and the only things left to do was put the mattresses on and make the bed.

we both flopped down on the bed, exhausted.

we had put on the last of the pillows on the bed and we were both ready to call it a day, which is exactly what we did.

we fell asleep, not bothering to change out of clothes, and laid with lia resting her head on my chest.

sorry about taking so long to finish this chapter, but i hoped you liked it.

the next few chapters are probably gonna be some rookies like cj stroud, jaxon smith njigba, etc.

toodles <3