Crime & Punishment

✭⛧࿏

"prepare to be amazed" cleo said. the girls were at mako, coming up with something for rikkis birthday. cleo used her powers to attempt to mould water. the shape was a very messy shaped mermaid, "not bad. maybe we should get her earrings." "or just a card." averee murmured, staring at whatever cleo was trying to do. cleo looked at the girls with a glare, "just wait." she began moulding it so the mermaid was more delicate, with a small smirk. "for the girl who hates everything almost as much as averee." averee rolled her eyes at the girl. "perfect, alright. now my turn to cure it." the girl said, raising her hand towards it. "beautiful." "now i'll harden it." she said as the mermaid dropped in the water.

the three swam over as cleo picked it up, showing it to the two. "even rikkis going to like this." averee stared for a bit. "i want credit." cleo leaned past bella to stare at the girl, dumbfounded.

✭⛧࿏

the three walked into the cafe, averee trailing behind bella, holding the blondes hand. "hey. i see that you've brought an offering." lewis said, moving his arm around cleo as the girls walked over to him and zane. "how's operation decoration going?" "ah, all set to commence mission presently." averee snickered at the boy, "wheres the target?" "shes in the office, good luck." zane said, cleo saluted the boy as lewis and zane walked out. "what the fuck was that? why are you all talking like that?" averee whispered at bella, the blonde stared at her with a small smile, "you're so cute, but so clueless." she muttered, making averees face flush as they walked into rikkis office.

"hello." cleo said lowly as she walked in with a small grin, averee stared down at the stern look on rikkis face with a small smirk. "this isn't a birthday present, is it?" bellas arm moved from averees hand to around the brunettes waist as the three stared at rikki, "definitely not." "think of it as a really late christmas present." cleo glanced at bella laughing softly. rikki got up, walking to her desk as cleo handed the gift to bella. the girl moved her hand from averees waist to hold the gift, making the brunette sigh, looking at the floor, bella rolled her eyes at the girls tantrum, holding the gift out to rikki.

rikki picked up the mermaid from the bag, her eyes lightened up slightly, "nice." she said with a small smile as she put it back in the bag. "you might want to keep it in a safe place." rikki tilted her head with a smile. bella glanced back at averee who was sulking behind her as she put her arm back around the girls waist, handing the gift to rikki, the brunette stopped sulking, leaning into bellas side as the blonde rolled her eyes, "you are so dramatic." she murmured at the girl before looking back to rikki, hearing averee mutter under her breath.

"do you want to meet us at the moon pool later? about, 2?" bella said nodding as she glanced at cleo, "why?" rikki said slowly, walking back over to her desk chair. "um, for a swim?" cleo said, her eyes darting around as she walked to stand by averee. "wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that it's my birthday, would it?" "no way!" averee chuckled looking at how offended cleo looked, the girl was the worst liar. "no, actually, its something else. the four of us need to talk. it's important and kind of private." cleo raised her eyebrows, nodding along as cleo spoke. "okay. well, ill see you there then." bella and cleo smiled, making there way out, "and thanks, um for the.." rikki pointed at the gift, looking back down as the girls smiled at her before walking out. averee lingered for a moment.

"have a good day." she said to the girl before running out to the other two. averee knew better than to wish the girl a happy birthday. rikki spent most birthdays sad and alone. so she just liked to ignorenit all together.

averee walked back over to bella, listening to sophie talking to the girls. "im cool, im rikkis friend too." the girl snickered, hiding her face in bellas neck. "okay. sure. well, if we hear anything, we'll be sure to let you know." cleo sent the red head a fake smile, "and if i hear anything, i'll let you know." the girls stared at her dumbfounded for a moment, "okay." bella pushed averee away a bit before grabbing the blondes hand so the girls could walk, averee still laughing under her breath. "do you think rikki saw straight through us?" cleo looked at the floor, "definitely. hey, but good idea on the whole pricate talk thing. she, so thinks you meant will." bella rolled her eyes, squeezing averees hand as she noticed will walking over.