Mermaid Magic

✭⛧࿏

the girls were swimming, zane and will following behind. averee swam by bella, watching the blonde. bella always looked so happy in the water. averee could stare at the girl all day long.

after getting to mako the girls just rested, waiting for will and zane to catch up, averee leant on bella as the two muttered on about random things, "so your music is like my paintings in words?" the brunette muttered, they started talking about various art forms and expressing themselves. how bella pours her whole heart out in each song, writing about countless thoughts and feelings in ways that could be noticed by anyone who looked. or how averee turned herself inside out each time she painted or drew a self portrait. "yeah, i guess. we both express feelings we don't talk about in them, right?" averee nodded softly, turning around to face the girl as the blonde dropped her hand down to the girls waist. averee stared at the girl with a soft look as her eyes darted all over bellas face. just as she opened her mouth to speak, will swam in. the girl pushed herself away from bella a little, letting the blondes arms drop as she looked over towards the boy.

bella frowned at the girl, turning to lean on the rocks as she kept her eyes locked on averee. watching the brunette glare softly at the boy, "well, i don't know about you, but i'm hungry." cleo said, breaking the silence as she glanced around at everyone, "it'd be a shame to leave. that was fantastic out there." averee rolled her eyes at wills response. she didn't know why she just did, bella cautiously watched the girl before speaking to will, keeping her eyes locked on averees movements, "it helps having someone who knows where to look." "thanks." averee glared at the water, picking at her fingers, bella smirked a little, pulling the brunettes hands away from each other, giving the girl a stern glare. "don't." averee nodded, moving over to lean into bella as she kept glaring at the water. bella moved her hand to the girls waist before looking around towards the entrance of the cave.

zane swam up, gasping for air as the group turned to look at him, averee rolled her eyes, propping her elbows up to push her face in her hands as she sighed, "hey, what kept you? we were just deciding whether or not to go for lunch while we waited for you." averee dryly chuckled under her breath, "i am going to kill them." she muttered to herself, she felt bella jab her side as the blonde moved her free hand to averees jaw, making averee look at her as she glared at the girl, "be nice. please." bella said to the girl, moving her hand to the back of the girls neck softly averee sighed, glaring at the blonde "fine. whatever." the girl spoke with a smirk. averee stopped listening to the group. she didn't care about whatever feud will and zane had, wasn't her problem, they were both equally as annoying.

bella tapped the girls cheek after a while, gaining the girls attention, "lunch?" the blonde asked as averee groaned, "i'm tired though." bella just stared in response with pleeding eyes as averee rolled her eyes, the blonde sent the girl a lopsided grin as she put her hand out for averee. "fine." averee mumbled, following the group out of the cave.

✭⛧࿏

averee, bella, cleo and will all met back at wills place, the boy lived in his own boat shed, averee wasn't going to admit it but she found the place really cool, her eyes lit up as the walked in, as she scanned her eyes over all the shells and fossils the boy had collected. averee tried to hold a glare on her face as bella glanced over at the girl, the blonde shaking her head with a laugh as she moved closer to the girls ear, "stop being so stubborn. he isn't that bad." the girl muttered, averee rolled her eyes, cracking her knuckles as she watched the group. "that was so cool out there." will said, putting his stuff down on a seat, "yeah, it was." bella mumbled as she pulled averee by the girls wrist.

"hey guys? don't you think we've been so worried about the water attacking us lately, we never actually found out what happened with this rock?" cleo said as she moved around to grab the rock with wills torch in it, placing it on the table in front of the group. bella looked down, creasing her eyebrows as averee moved to put her arm around the girls waist, glancing at will as she did so. "well, the rock hasn't been a threat." averee looked over at bella with a lopsided grin, the girl looked at her with a clueless look on her face, "what?" she whispered at the girl, "you're cute hartley." the girl said turning around to look back at cleo. bella smiled like an idiot, moving herself into averee as she looked at cleo. "yeah, but the rock swallowed up the torch the same time the tentacle appeared." cleo said, glancing between averee and bella for a moment, "so there connected?" will looked up with furrowed brows. "maybe. the rock might give us a clue as to what's really going on." bella glanced between cleo and will, "yeah, i guess."