Breakaway

✭⛧࿏

the girls walked into the cafe, walking over to the counter, "hey." cleo and bella gave soft smiles to rikki. averee lent on bellas side as the girl rubbed her eyes. she hated being up early. "anything we can do?" "get me out of here." cleo glanced at the girl softly. "really?" rikki sighed, putting hats out on the counter. "no, no. i should probably stay." the girl mumbled, looking down. "hard being around zane?" "really hard." bella glanced between rikki and cleo, "so don't, take off. i can do whatever needs to be done around here." rikki shook her head slightly. "no, no. it's wills big day and i wanna be here to support him." the girl said as she walked around the counter to the girls. averee pushed herself off bella as she lent into the counter, staring at the floor. "i can explain the situation to him. not wanting to be around zane, i think he'll understand that." the blonde said, laughing slightly, "okay. thanks." rikki said as she walked out with cleo.

bella turned to the brunette who hadn't looked up since she saw her today, "what's up with you?" the blonde said, moving to stand in front of averee. averee looked up slightly, "early." she muttered as she moved her arms out to bellas waist, pulling the girl into her slightly. bella moved her arms around the girls neck, "i have to set up for the band, love." averee grunted, letting go of bella as the blonde kissed her cheek, walking over to the stage.

✭⛧࿏

bella got up from her seat, walking over to zane, nodding for averee to come over so she could lean on the girl. averee moved her arm around the blondes waist as she softly glared at zane, "bands on their way and we need to do a sound check." the blonde said glancing up at zane. the boy looked between averee and bella, "yeah fine." "and you want us to play after the presentation, right?" the blonde creased her eyebrows slightly tilting her head as she pushed herself further into averee. "uh, well. rikki was supposed to be organising all that. where is she?" the boy said glancing around, "she's taking a break." the blonde stared at zane, emotionless. "a break, now?" "she needed to get away for a while." the boy glanced between averee and bella. "from what?" "you." the blonde deadpanned. averee glanced at her shoes for a moment before looking back at zane. "didn't you say something about sound check?" the boy said walking off annoyed. bella turned to averee, making a disgusted face as she pulled the brunette with her to fix the microphone.

"am i allowed to stay during your sound check?" bella glanced at averee, furrowing her eyebrows, "yeah, of course. i wanted you to hear the songs first anyway." the girl muttered the last bit as she looked down at her hands. "what was that?" averee heard what the girl said, she just knew pointing it out would make the girl all flustered. averee smirked as she watched the blonde glance up slightly, the girl took note on how nervous bella seemed as she turned back to the mic.

averee at on a chair in front of the stage as she watched the band setting things up. her eyes glanced between nate and bella as the two smiled at each other, the girls eyes lingered on nate as she sent the boy a glare as bella walked off stage, tugging at averees hand quickly to follow. averee walked behind the blonde, over to will as she saw bella slow down slightly, "what happened to you?" the girl asked as the boy glanced over at the two quickly. "nothing. oh, i ran here." bellas eyebrows furrowed, "you ran?" "part of sophie's competition day routine. make pain my friend, mental toughness and all that." the boy began walking, "i'm gonna talk to nate." averee muttered to bella, walking over to nate before the blonde could speak.

✭⛧࿏

averee met cleo and rikki at cleos work. averee sat by the two, hearing their faded conversation. the girl was zoned out, staring at the slight ripples in the water. the girl looked up suddenly when she felt bella touch her arm. bellas everybrows furrowed as she sat next to the girl, "you alright?" the girl muttered, averee smiled, nodding her head before she looked over to cleo. "shouldn't you be on the boat supporting will?" averee rolled her eyes, looking down. "well, funnily enough, sophie didn't invite me." rikki nodded, turning to averee for a moment, "how is he feeling?" bella nodded slightly, looking down, "good, i hope."

"so, wait. will's out there going for a record with only sophie and zane to support him." the girls furrowed their brows. bella chuckled a little, "yeah." the girl muttered, slightly leaning on averees side. "i don't think that's good enough." the blonde glanced over at rikki with a smirk.

✭⛧࿏

averee swam up by bellas side as the group went to watch will dive. averee smiled softly as the boy glanced up between the three of them. he looked down, releasing the metre marker before he glanced back, his eye lingering on bella, averee glanced between the two for a second before looking away.

the girls swam up to the surface away from the boat, as they watched sophie and zane hugging. will swam up as the two kissed. averees eyes widened as she touched bellas arm, knowing the blonde was looking at will. the girl glanced at what ever pointed at before the two looked over at rikki. the girl went back into the water before swimming away.

✭⛧࿏

bella leant on the counter as she watched averee walk over to lean next to her. "whats up with you? you've seemed off all day." averee shook her head, looking up with a smile. "nothing, it's not important. but i do have a question." the girl said dragging out the end of her sentence, "yeah?" bella grabbed at the brunettes hand, as the blonde moved to stand in front of averee, leaning on her slightly as the brunette moved further into the counter. "have you got a thing for will?" the girl muttered with a straight face, bella chuckled in response, shaking her head. "first of all, you know i dont. second you also know my type and i clearly said brunettes." the girl scoffed as if she was insulted as she stared at averees smile.

bellas eyes darted over the girls face for a moment, before she creased her eyebrows, "why? would you have been jealous?" the girl muttered slowly, she watched averees face flush as the brunette avoided eye contact coughing, "no, why would i be?" averee finally looked back at bella who just hummed in response with a smirk on her face as she quickly kissed the girls cheek before moving to walk over to the stage.

✭⛧࿏

(1161 words)