9: Enemies

Chaewon POV

"You ever wonder why out of all the places in the universe, we ended up in the Andromeda?"

Your head turns towards Eunchae, who stares blankly at the white wall across from where you sit.

The two of you sit on the floor, just outside of the office where Unit 3 works. After another exhausting 'practice' session with your newfound abilities, you decided to surprise Sakura again after what felt like forever. Upon turning the corner that leads to the office, you found Eunchae leaning against the wall by the entrance. Apparently Sakura and the other girls were stuck in a meeting with a few council members, and since she wasn't particularly needed, Sakura allowed Eunchae to take an extended break.

"Technically we ended up in the Milky Way Galaxy, but go on," You stifle a laugh as Eunchae shoots you a glare.

"You know what I mean! Life is able to exist here, in this solar system that's in a galaxy with only a few other solar systems that are able to sustain life, in a universe so big humans can't comprehend how big it is!"

"We haven't even explored all of the Andromeda yet," You add, and Eunchae points at you with wide eyes.

"You're right!" She turns forward once more, facing the blank wall. "If I were able to breathe in space like Captain Kkura, I would explore everything there is."

You let out a huff of laughter. "Don't you have a job?"

The latter shrugs, nonchalant. "Missing it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. In the universe, even."

Nodding, you let silence fall upon you again.

Eunchae reminds you of Sakura in that aspect. Although, there are differences. While Sakura talks about her experiences of training to be in the Division with regret, Eunchae talks about them as if they were the best years of her life. Granted, she has lived her life for a shorter time than Sakura, but they are still her experiences.

Except, when Eunchae says things like that in a way so apathetic, you're reminded of Sakura. Almost like Sakura, she sounds as if she couldn't care less if she didn't have the job she has now.

"What do you like to do outside of work? Your hobbies," Your curiosity gets the better of you, pushing you to ask this harmless question.

Eunchae rests a finger on her chin, thinking. Her eyes brighten and a wide smile is plastered on her face. "I like to draw! Not portraits or anything like that. I prefer to draw the stars, or maybe nature? EIther of those two."

"Planets and galaxies?"

The younger nods with a bright smile. "The colors are pretty, and blending them together is fun when I have the time to. Plus, with the amount of them in the universe, I'll never run out!"

You chuckle. "I would have never thought you were an artist."

"Not a lot of people know, only Yunjin, Zuha, Captain Kkura, and now you," Eunchae smiles, turning to look at you. "My closest friends."

"I'm one of your closest friends?"

"You are now," The girl replies with a grin. Your heart swells with happiness.

You smile before asking the question you've been wanting to ask.

"Did you want to become an artist? A professional?"

Eunchae's smile falters slightly before she puts on a new one, a more fake one. "When I first started taking classes to join the Seraph Division, I didn't. I mean, who knows what they want to be when they're five years old?"