𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐 - 𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆

ALL THE NA'VI ROLLED THEIR EYES as they were met with the echoing laughter of Lo'ak and A'leyra. As usual, they were running around the forest, chasing each other until one eventually grew tired and gave up. In this case, it was A'leyra that gave up first.

"Okay! Okay! Stop chasing me." She heartily laughed at her best friends antics. Gaining more confidence, she grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the forest, startling him in the process. When she her hand brushed against his, she felt this tingling feeling in her stomach, which she had deemed as butterflies.

Ever since she had that talk with Spider, she felt different around Lo'ak. Almost intimidated by his presence, getting nervous every time he would whisper something in her ear, causing her to feel his breath against her neck. She hated this feeling. She didn't like how she looked at Lo'ak differently. She didn't like how his eyes would glisten whenever he was excited, cause it made her feel something she'd never felt before. She would sometimes find herself daydreaming about him, quickly shaking her head after realising what she had been doing.

"i'm just saying, A'leyra!"

"Shut up, Spider!"

"Well think about it, you're always together! You two are like always touching each other in some way."

"But it's not like that! I think? Ugh, I don't know anymore! You're confusing me!"

"You're confusing each other, A'leyra!"

"Shut up, skxawng!"

A'leyra buried her head in her hands as she felt a familiar presence behind her, the one that made her so very nervous.

"What's going on? You're never this quiet, Leyra." Lo'ak hugged her from behind as she melted into his touch. She sighed as she shut her eyes, feeling a sense of relief wash over her as she leant into him. Their sweet, intimate moments being quickly interrupted by most of their siblings' snickering.

Kiri, Neteyam and Spider giggled uncontrollably as they walked away from the pair, Ateyo groaning as he trailed behind them. Gossiping on their relationship, like almost every other Na'vi that had met them before. This was a daily occurrence, and it never got boring. Well, it did for Ateyo.

The only thing that A'leyra had managed to achieve before Ateyo was someone special for her to rely on. And it aggravated him so much, to the point where he grew to hate Lo'ak. Ateyo always had to be better than A'leyra. His entire personality was based around being better than everyone, especially his sister.

So, when he found out about Lo'ak and A'leyra's undying love and affection towards each other, he got upset. He wasn't the best brother. He had everything she never had. But the one thing she did have, the one thing that was worth more than all the praises, compliments, and his family's respect, he didn't have. She was loved by someone, and he was not.

"I mean, how have neither of them confessed yet?" Kiri started the converstation.

"I don't even think they realise that they like each other yet. That's the problem. They think this is how normal friends act!" Spider continued.

Neteyam just stifled a laugh at Ateyo's face, which was clearly showing discomfort.

"Try being happy for her, skxawng." Neteyam shoved Ateyo to the side, not knowing why Ateyo was so against his sister's happiness.

"I don't think they like each other, guys."

The silence was loud, shifty glances were shared amongst the four as Ateyo cleared his throat, awkwardly. Thankfully, A'leyra's loud laughter filled the air, relieving some of the tension and causing the group's attention to focus back on the 'couple'. Most of them smiled at the sickly sweet interaction, while Kiri and Ateyo rolled their eyes.

Kiri was sick of them denying their feelings towards each other, while clearly being infatuated with one another. Ateyo, on the other hand, was still sulking and basking in his own jealousy.

-

Ateyo knew he was being selfish, but he didn't care. To him, being the best at everything was the most important, no matter what. Which is why he couldn't stand watching his sister fall in love before him. He longed to be able to do that, but with his father adding extra pressure on him and flooding his schedule with more and more duties everyday, he simply did not have time.

Which made him envious.

-

"Hey...shh..you'll be okay, i'm sure you did nothing wrong." Lo'ak comforted the girl in his arms as she was ranting to him.

"But why would he ask me to talk to him? Ateyo never talks to me unless something is wrong." A tear slipped down as Lo'ak gently lifted his hand to wipe it off.

A'leyra looked up at him, finding herself staring at his eyes. Looking back and forth between his eyes and lips, they slowly leaned in. As their lips were about to touch, a familiar sound came shouting from the distance.

"A'leyra! come here now!" Snapping herself back to reality, she cleared her throat as she realised how close she was to Lo'ak. He squeezed her hand tight, assuring her that she was going to be fine, and that he was there for her, no matter what Ateyo was going to say to her.

Ateyo watched her walk off from a distance. Deep down, he knew what he was doing was wrong. Feeling the slightest bit of guilt, he brushed it off and continued with his plan.

-

"A'leyra, why are you always hanging out with that idiot?"

"He's my best friend, Teyo. What are you talking about?" She shook her head in disbelief, not wanting to anger her brother anymore so she decided to walk away.

"Wait!" He hesitated before debating if he wanted to continue with his sentence.

"Dad told me that....he told me that he didn't want you to be seen with Lo'ak anymore. It's for your own good." He lied through his teeth.

A'leyra felt her whole world crushing down on her. How was she supposed to survive without Lo'ak? She felt a tear slip down her eyes as she looked up back at her brother.

"No. I don't believe you." She stood up firmly, standing her ground.

"W-what? You have to believe me Leyra!"

"Don't call me Leyra. Only he gets to call me that. To you, it's A'leyra." She wiped the tears streaming down her face as she stormed off into the night.

-
authors note
second chapter done!!
lmk what u think <3

word count: 1k