𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 - 𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕...

»»»~»»»

pauses, then says
'you're my bestfriend'

and you knew what it was 

he is in love

»»»~»»»

SHORTLY AFTER ECLIPSE, Lo'ak woke A'leyra up from her peaceful nap. That was his first mistake of the day. He would find himself making an even bigger one later in the day if he wanted to continue with his grand plan. Which was why he wanted to wake Leyra up in the middle of the night.

A'leyra groaned as she awoke from her deep slumber, grumbling slightly from the interruption. 

"What? Why would you wake me up at such an ungodly hour?" She groaned as she got up from her sleeping position, cheeks flushing slightly when she realised how close she was to Lo'ak.

"I have a plan...a really bad one." 

"Then why bother? They're just going to ignore us anyway." Unlike Lo'ak, she lost hope once she heard the news from her mother. He wasn't going to let his big brother take this away from him, not this time.

"Let's just confront them. I mean, whats the worst that could happen? I fight Neteyam?" A'leyra laughed at his words. Of course the first idea he had could possibly lead to him fighting his brother. Not that Lo'ak was a bad fighter, but since Neteyam has been training to be a warrior, he has a lot more experience than Lo'ak. Especially since he was to be the next Olo'eyktan.

"I mean, sure..? It won't hurt to try, but it will hurt if it fails though." She shrugged slightly. Lo'ak sighed softly. Usually he was the black cat, while she was the golden retriever. Her being sunshine, him being midnight rain. But that night, it seemed as if the roles had reversed.

"Leyra...have some hope. If it doesn't work, we can still be best friends." That thought of being best friends, and nothing more, was hurting them deeply. But neither had the guts to admit it, and Lo'ak needed to stay strong for the girl.

They slowly got up, knowing that they needed to head home about four hours ago. He pulled her hand up, slowly helping her stand up from the ground. They walked to her marui, holding hands and walking in perfect sync. As they neared her marui, She pulled Lo'ak close and kissed him softly. It was short, but it meant everything to them. 

"Goodnight, Lo'ak." His eyes shifted to her lips, then her eyes again. Making her almost fold immediately.

"Goodnight, A'leyra." He watched as she walked away. No, come back. I want to tell you something.

"Wait!" Her head turned almost just as the words left his mouth. Was he really about to say it? The three words that meant so much when used for the first time? 

"I...I'll see you tomorrow.." He cursed himself out in his own head, watching as her mouth curved upwards into a sweet smile, then she walked into her hut.

»»»~»»»

The next morning, Lo'ak awoke with a goal in his mind, for the first time in his life. Today, he was going to confront his annoying ass parents. His words, not mine.

He walked out of his marui, seeing Neteyam conversing with his parents already. It was perfect. All the people he needed to confront. He marched up to them, ready to shout at their faces in pure Lo'ak fashion. But he stopped when he heard them talking.

"-ou do understand what's happening right? Ma Jake, We cannot let this happen!"

"I'm sorry, Neytiri. But it has already been done. Her parents allowed this, Neytiri."

"But she didn't! She doesn't even know!"

"Why does it matter so much? She should be feeling lucky!"

Neytiri took a long breath before replying calmly.

"How do you think Lo'ak would feel?"

Now Neteyam decided to talk

"Why would he feel anything? They're best friends, and that's it. Mom, I love her. Please." 

Lo'ak felt his stomach drop. How could his own brother do that to him? He couldn't contain his anger anymore. He walked up to Neteyam, shoving him roughly. He was quickly held back by Jake.

"Woah, calm down." He was quickly shoved off by Lo'ak. 

Mistake two: Starting a fight with Neteyam, when everyone was clearly on Neteyam's side.

Lo'ak lunged at him, landing a few good punches before he was held back again. By the time Jake had held him back, they had already started a commotion big enough for many people to stop and look. Neteyam threw a punch at his face as Jake let go of his youngest son in shock.

"Break it up!" He pathetically tried to stop the fight.

Neteyam gained the upper hand after a few minutes. 

»»»~»»»

A'leyra and Kiri were in A'leyra's marui, beading bracelets and gossiping. Until they heard the loud shouts of Kiri's immature brothers.

The two rushed over to the big crowd that had gathered there. The second A'leyra saw Lo'ak on the ground, she did not hesitate to run towards him.

She ran directly into the fight, jumping on Neteyam's back and pulling him off of Lo'ak. Once Neteyam had regained his composure, his eyes softened when he saw the girl in front of him, then narrowed when the girl grabbed her knife out of her sheath, pointing it directly at him while posing in a protecting stance over Lo'ak. She hissed at him threateningly. Neteyam's eyes widened with hurt. The girl he had loved so much, had sided with his younger brother.

Lo'ak got up slowly. When he saw Leyra protecting him with no hesitation, his heart fluttered. He stood up beside her, making her get up from her stance, too. 

Neytiri instructed everyone to leave the scene immediately, not wanting to catch the attention of the Tsahik and the Olo'eyktan. 

"You did this!"  A'leyra hissed in fury as she put her dagger up to Neteyam's neck.

"How could you hurt your brother? And how could you stand there and let it happen?" 
Her voice was laced with venom as she pointed accusingly at Jake at the last sentence.

She felt a tear fall down her face as she helped Lo'ak regain his balance. She hugged him comfortingly, checking if he had any serious injuries.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up." She smiled softly at Lo'ak, who smiled back at her. She tip-toed slightly to reach his cheek level, placing a small kiss on it. Jake's eyes glanced over at Neteyam, also sighing sadly as they watched the two interact. She held his arm lovingly, walking together towards her marui. Once they were far enough that they couldn't hear them, Jake spoke up.

"Make this right!"
Neytiri hissed as she walked away briskly.

After a beat of silence, Jake placed his hand on Neteyam's shoulder and rubbed it comfortingly.

a hopeless romantic all my life

»»»~»»»

authors note:

DRAMAAAA

sorry for updating late 
vote and comment <3!

word count: 1.1k