𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 - 𝒂 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆

A'LEYRA WAS STILL SHAKEN UP by the experience she went through the previous night. Not wanting to dwell on it anymore, she hastily made her way to the Sully's hut, where she hoped she could take her mind off the avatars. She was wrong.

As she neared the hut, she heard the couple arguing with each other. Tuk motioned her to come over, placing her index finger on her mouth to signal A'leyra to keep quiet. The kids gathered around the hut and eavesdropped on the argument, their curiosity getting the better of them.

"This is our home!" Neytiri pleaded with Jake. Their hearts tugged at the sight of Neytiri being so heartbroken. They watched as she slowly left Jake's embrace, approaching her beloved bow.

"My father gave me this bow, as he laid dying, and he told me to protect the people!" Her voice cracked half way, showing her sadness and discomfort.

"This will protect the people!" Jake countered.

A'leyra tried her best to drown out the argument, when she heard Jake's next statement, which made her heart shatter.

"Wherever we go, this family is our fortress."

'They weren't going to leave her here all alone, were they?' She thought to herself, feeling the tears starting to brim her eyes. Lo'ak looked over to her with worry in his eyes. He hated when she cried.
He watched as she took two steps back, hand placed over her mouth, as if it would prevent her from crying. A'leyra felt her lips tremble as she decided to run away from the hut, Loak not far behind her.

"Where are you guys going?" Tuk's small voice trailed off as she ran further away.

A'leyra found herself deep in the forest, crying silently on the floor of her hut. Then, she jumped as she felt a hand, resting on her shoulder.

"You scared me idiot!" She shoved Lo'ak as she let him sit beside her, she could feel that he wanted to say something, but kept quiet instead. Just sitting quietly. It did not feel awkward at all, both felt comfortable in each other's presence.

A'leyra felt his arms slowly make their way across her shoulders, holding her in a warm, loving embrace. They stayed like that the whole night, slowly falling asleep together.

The next morning, A'leyra awoke by the sound of Kiri and Neteyam snickering at the sight in front of them. She rubbed her eyes as she slowly got up, wondering what they were laughing at, before realising the position she was in.

Her and Lo'ak still intertwined since the night before. With a flushed face, A'leyra jerked up in embarrassment, slowly facing the annoying siblings.

"Had a good sleep?" Neteyam held in his laugh while placing his hand over his mouth, as Kiri giggled beside him.

"Shut up, skxawng!" A'leyra felt the blood rush into her cheeks as she untangled herself from the sleeping boy beside her.

"You saw nothing." She stated as she walked away from her hut, embarrassed beyond belief. Giggling and hushed laughter from her hut could still be heard even when she walked further away. Realising that they were probably tormenting Lo'ak at that moment, she laughed quietly to herself and walked around the forest.

-

The next few hours was devastating.

The only good thing that happened was A'leyra finding out that they were going to follow the Sully's wherever they went. Meaning that she was not going to be separated from her best friends. But, it also meant that she had to leave her home, her favourite place in the entire world of Pandora.