𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙 - 𝒂 𝒑𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒉, 𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉

STILL EXHAUSTED FROM THE DAY BEFORE, A'leyra groggily walked out of her marui, careful not to wake up her parents or her brother. He gets insufferably annoying whenever he's woken up by anyone. Thinking about the time she accidentally woke her brother up, she shivered at the thought and continued walking.

A'leyra had woken up extra early to see the gorgeous Awa'atlu sunset. Not taking her eyes off the pink and orange hues in the sky, she hadn't noticed someone else had accompanied her. Not easily recognising the person's presence, she concluded that it was not Lo'ak. With a frown, she turned around and saw Neteyam.

"Do you mind if i join you?" He politely asked, not wanted to cross any lines.

"Um, sure I guess."

A'leyra was extremely confused. Keeping her distance, she noticed that Neteyam had shifted closer to her, making her a little uncomfortable. They had never really talked one on one before. The last time they had a private conversation was when they were still close friends as children. Not so much anymore, though.

»»»~»»»

"Where is your brother?" She shifted in her spot, nervously pulling at her loin cloth, trying to look busy.

Great. Try to get closer to her and the first thing she mentions is Lo'ak. Neteyam rolled his eyes at his thoughts.

"Sleeping." She nodded slowly at his short answer. After a few seconds of awkward silence, Neteyam tried to initiate conversation.

"How are you? I feel like my brother keeps hogging you all the time. We barely even talk anymore."

A'leyra let out a soft giggle at the light joke he made. Hearing her laugh made a thousand butterflies start to flutter in his stomach. Quickly regaining his composure, he put all of his attention onto her again.

"Im doing great. I love the ocean but I miss the forest terribly." She spoke about her home with passion, while Neteyam found himself distracted by her beauty. Noticing his sudden quietness, she grew a little uncomfortable and kept quiet.

The sun had already fully risen by then. She slowly got up, brushing off all the sand off her legs.

"Bye, Teyam." She spoke softly as she walked away, leaving the boy amazed at the use of his nickname.

»»»~»»»

"-ak! Lo'ak! Wake up!"

Feeling his body being vigourously shaken, he rubbed his eyes and adjusted his vision, only to see his best friends sitting right in front of him.

Fully awake now, he rolled his eyes and chuckled at the girl's excitement.

"Finally! Let's go meet Tsireya, she promised that she would bring us swimming." Not wanting to disappoint A'leyra, he quickly got up and kissed her lightly on the cheek.

A'leyra felt the blood rush into her cheeks as she quickly snapped her head to look at him.

"Since when do we give out free kisses on cheeks?" She raised her eyebrows at him. Realising his slip up, Lo'ak put on a cocky smirk.

"Since now. Let's make it our new thing." A wave of confidence washed over him after saying that. A'leyra somehow felt her scarlet cheeks get redder by the second. He liked how he was making her so flustered in that moment.

A'leyra let out a soft laugh and grabbed his hand, dragging him out of his marui. Now laughing uncontrollably, the pair made their way to Tsireya.

Hearing the familiar laughter ring throughout the village, Ateyo awoke with an eye roll.