Part 23

Hey guys back with another update....Happy Reading !!!

CONTINUATION

'Acha toh hum kaha jaa rahe hai Karan ?' Monami asked curiously.

'Bohot jald patah chal jaayega Rani Saheba.' Karan said while looking at Monami who pouted at the reply but knew it was no point asking further since he wouldn't budge and let her know where they were going.

Monami again turned towards the road and soon fell asleep due to the breeze. Karan looked at Monami and saw her dozed off, 'I hope hum jaha jaa rahe hai waha jiss mission se jaa rahe hai woh mission complete ho jaaye.' he said to himself in his mind.

The jeep soon enough came to a halt. Karan unfastened his seat belt and got down the jeep, he walked towards Monami's jeep side and unfastened her belt, and called her out softly.

'Rani Saheba...Monami utho.' He called her out softly and cupped her cheek caressing it softly.

Monami woke up and she realised the jeep had come to a stop, she looked around and saw Karan standing besides her. 'Chalo neeche utariye Rani Saheba hum jaana chaahte the waha aa chuke hai.' Monami got down from the jeep and held Karan's hand.

Karan held on to Monami's hand and led her she kept looking at him like a child does when they are being lead somewhere with their hand held. They stopped and Karan looked at Monami who was constantly gazing at him with a soft smile on his face. Karan's heart ached looking at her face and knowing what was gonna come next. Monami raised her eyebrows in question at Karan, who asked her to look ahead.

Monami looked ahead and what she saw stopped her heart for a moment. Her hold on Karan's hand slipped she shuddered looking at the sight in front of her, her breathing got quick and uneven she took slow steps ahead but with every step her footing faltered. Hot tears gushed from her eyes and down her face.

Karan looked at his Monami in anticipation and took in her each and every expression, she had slowly started to register where she had been brought. He noticed how she struggled to breath and how her steps staggered as she went ahead. Karan felt angry on himself for making her go through this but he knew he needed to do that. In order te help her with her PTSD he had got her to the place where all her worries, fear, anxiety and nightmares had started ; the warehouse where he was captured, tortured to too much extent and supposedly killed.

'doctor...doctor Monami Mahajan patient ko saatwana dena...au...aur safed jhooth bolne mai bohot fark hai...'

'aese maut sabko naseeb nahi hoti Monami...desh ke liye shaheed hona, aur..aur marne se pehele jisse pyaar karte ho uski...uski aankhon mai dekhna kismat...kismat waalo ko milti hai...'

'.....tumhaari woh joh kadwi dawayi hai na..I...I hate them....but I love you Monami...I love you...'

'sabse brave insaan ho tum Monami....your my best cadet...'

'hum pyaar se pehele adhoore the...'

'do baatein Rani Saheba.....ek baar woh salute kar do Monami...jisko karte huye tumhaari chin thodi si kaapti hai....gaal laal ho jaati hai aur aankhon mai chamak aati hai....kuch kar guzar ne ki chamak...'

'fauji ki maut pai aasu nahi bahate...uska JASHN manaya jaata hai...'

'JAI HIND...'

He stood and looked on helplessly as Monami slowly started to kneel down. And that's when he heard a heart wrenching screaming. He closed his eyes and fisted his hands tightly as he heard the gut wrenching scream. She stopped screaming and started sobbing badly, Karan opened his eyes and slowly made his way towards her.