chapter 15

how hard is it to avoid jail after committing murder?

that was the question that chenle started his wednesday with. how peaceful, right?

seriously, chenle didn't wish death to anyone, and he also did wish it to that witch, but he sure wished he could just wipe her out of existence in a way, to douse her in gasoline or something. maybe he would film it to humiliate her, just like she had done to him.

getting out of bed after seeing the post, and then what the school's online-paper had written about the whole situation, was hard enough. having to get to class and spend hours locked up in a room with around twenty annoying, curious teens who would most definitely say something about the video, sounded like hell.

but sometimes you have to walk through hell to get to paradise. that probably didn't make much sense, but still, you get the point.

chenle tried staying as unnoticed as he could, not ever raising his hand in class and keeping his head low when walking in the hallways.

that didn't change the fact that more than five people had approached him to ask questions he did not want to answer, but it was less than the chinese male had expected, so he was fine with it.

after lunch break, he had two hours of korean, and another one of biology. then, chemistry was on his schedule and frankly, that was the class he feared most.

not only would ahn hyewon be in that same classroom, but he would also have to work with someone he did not want to see for two entire hours.

but to his — and everyone else's — surprise, daiyu was nowhere to be seen by the time he entered the classroom.

and that was despite her two friends already having arrived.

is it because of the vlog?

chenle wondered if the girl was ashamed of herself. maybe she was too embarrassed of her actions to come to school.

i sure hope she is.

carefully avoiding hyewon's gaze, he sat down in his usual seat and waited for the lesson to start.

the professor was taking attendance, and obviously, zhao daiyu's name was called.

seon-ok excused her friend by saying that she wasn't feeling well that morning. chenle was sure it was a lie though. daiyu had been perfectly fine the day before.

unless she's feeling unwell because of guilt and karma of course.

due to his partner's absence, chenle just continued some of the research work that they had due for the last episode.

as much as it hurt his pride to say it, daiyu (despite being a lost case at chemistry) was a very comfortable person to work with.

she cooperated well and was responsible with the part of the work that she had to do.

chenle couldn't help but think that he had never felt a parter's absence as much as he felt daiyu's.

maybe it was just that he was having a hard time focusing because of all the other things running in his mind, but he was really not getting anywhere with the work.

the two hours of chemistry class felt longer than ever, and chenle felt a wave of relief hit him when the bell finally rang.

just like in his morning classes, he snuck out of the classroom as quietly and discretely as possible.

he was barely a few steps out of the room, when a hand grasped on to his wrist.

"chenle."

the boy froze as he recognised the female voice.