chapter 56

"we... we should start working now."

but daiyu didn't seem to think that way, as she caught his wrist, that was reaching for the notebook next to her.

"or we talk now and clear out the misunderstandings that got in between us. we can film later."

'so there's an us?

chenle's ears felt a little hot at her choice of words. but let's not forget the important part; she wanted to clear things out.

"i— do you rea— don't youyeah. yeah, let's do that."

a small smile made its way on daiyu's face.

there was finally a bit of hope for them.

"you know, i-"

"i wanted to-"

the two of them started at the same time, making even chenle (who was basically trembling with nervousness) crack a grin.

"you go first."

he figured it may be better to listen to what she had to say before he'd start apologising.

because who knew — maybe by 'clearing things up' she actually meant to completely cut ties with him. after all, there wouldn't even be the chemistry project to force them to keep meeting.

"fine."

she took a deep breath, ready for any kind of reaction.

"okay then, please hear me out before you say anything."

"first, i wanted to apologise. i should have believed you the first time you told me about your suspicions on seonwoo. you only wanted the best for me, and i failed to see that. i guess you can say i was blinded by the illusion of finally having made a cool, new friend."

though he nodded, chenle didn't say anything yet. she obviously wasn't done.

"but i get it now, what you were trying to tell me. he is a bad person, he literally tried to convince me to drop you, and said that you're guilty of the poisoning and a bad influence to me. though i'm still a bit mad about the way you've talked to me, i can kind of understand. you were hurt — we both were."

"so please, i don't want us to stay this way. let's stop fighting now."

he was at a loss of words.

don't get him wrong — internally, his heart was jumping in joy.

but chenle did feel kind of bad for her thinking she did something wrong. (besides being oblivious lol but that's not her fault)

it was him who had refused to make up.

"don't be sorry. please don't. if anyone did something wrong, it was me."

"i mean, i don't like kim, but i'm not anyone to decide who you hang around with either. i should've just given you a warning and then leave it be. and the other day by the office, i actually really wanted to get things back to normal as well. but there was something i needed to get done before i was able to do that."

a very, very heavy weight was lifted off her chest.

'does that mean things will go back to normal after this?'

"i'm so incredibly sorry for everything hurtful i've said to you, and every hour that i've ignored you for. i really thought you'd just hate me forever."