chapter 32

learn from your mistakes, because daiyu didn't.

silly girl really thought that yua wouldn't question it if she got home late again without telling her where she had been.

at least this time, she didn't see chenle, who had — once again — insisted on walking her home.

so since there was no evidence against it, the chinese girl quickly made up an excuse.

"i was at the library. mid-term is coming up. you should consider studying too."

learn from your mistakes, and learn form daiyu's tricks on how to hit a nerve.

because at the mention of exams, yua turned around in bed and plugged her headphones back in.

'is it even possible to hate school as much as this girl does?' daiyu thought.

she had already showered before going over to chenle's, so she only had to change.

while taking of her fitted black long sleeve, she couldn't help but chuckle at the amount of hair stuck to it.

'he is insane. who just let's a girl he hates cut his hair? or does he actually not hate me anymore?'

did she even hate him still?

daiyu wasn't sure about the emotions she felt for the boy. their conflicts seemed to be cleared, and they had managed to co-exist and converse quite often without any problems. over the past month especially, the two had spend a lot of time together.

she knew him better than a normal acquaintance would, that was for sure. but she would never dare to consider him her friend.

'do i want him to be my friend?'

those were the thoughts running through her mind as she combed through her long, dark hair.

the nurse had taken off her cast around a week ago already, so that wasn't a problem when showering anymore.

lazily skipping her skincare, the girl quickly took off the light makeup she was wearing and headed straight to bed.

'maybe i should do myself a favour and actually start studying for mid-terms.'

she shivered at the mere thought of the sleepless nights she had lived through as a first year, simply because she underestimated the weight and difficulty of NSOE exams.

'yua will be absolutely screwed if she keeps this up.'

it wasn't like that little rascal didn't have six friends to warn her about what expected her.

so it was all on her.

drowning her thoughts with music playing in her airpods, daiyu eventually drifted off to sleep too, feeling rather at ease for once.

__________________________________

yet another week came to an end, and it was monday again.

without the cast around her wrist, daiyu had been required to sit out training days for another whole week, just to ensure that everything was completely healed.

which meant, that that monday was the first training day for daiyu after a whole month of suffering.

as excited as never before, the girl jumped around like a goddamn grasshopper, annoying her friends next to her, who all seemed to lack motivation.

"what a truly rare sight to see. daiyu acting like this while y'all look like you woke up just a minute ago?"

lee donghyuck sure liked to brighten people's days.

but daiyu's mood was way too good that day to be ruined by an honey-skinned third year student.

"i'm training again, hyuck! i'm fucking allowed to electrocute you again now!"

she threw her arms around the boy, earning weird stared from not only himself, but also her friends surrounding them.

"ow ow ow motherfuc- okay fine, chill, stop!"

"you never learn, lee donghyuck. did you really think that i would hug you just like that?"

the fact that daiyu said that with the biggest and most honest smile to ever be seen on her made the moment a whole lot scarier.

the boy pouted and walked over to seon-ok, engulfing her in a hug instead.

"how is my bro kim jungwoo doing?"

seon-ok seemingly wasn't up for a conversation with him either.

"i don't know, ask him yourself."

she shook him off and hurried after her friends, who were already entering the changing room, while the third year stood there and stared after the girls, specifically one of them.

__________________________________

"he's so weird. like, in a good way, but god does it annoy me sometimes."

was the first thing seon-ok said as the four second year girls started to get changed.

jieun nodded in agreement with her friend's statement.

"yeah. and how he calls his friend 'bro'. it gives me the ick."

hyewon nudged daiyu, who was taking of the undershirt of her uniform.

"remember when he asked me if he should call them his 'bitches' instead?"

that made daiyu, as well as the rest of the group burst out into laughter.

she had decided to calm down regarding the hyewon-chenle-seongchul situation and let them sort out their issues.

being tense and awkward with ahn hyewon was just too hard.

of course, if it did turn out that hyewon had went behind her chemistry partner's back, daiyu would side with him.

she liked to look at the situation like she did at her parents' broken relationship.

though what they did may be wrong, daiyu had her own relation to them and wouldn't want whatever happened between chenle and hyewon to come in between their friendship.

'friendship? with chenle?'

once again, that question popped up in her head.

and once again, she pushed it far back, and forgot about it for the moment.

"let's fucking go! i'm so about to beat all of your asses today."

__________________________________

just when i started to think that it was getting warmer here, it started goddamn HAILING today as i was walking home from a study date😭