chapter 66

chenle got back to the table daiyu and he had left his things at, carrying a stack of books in his hands.

the girl was already waiting for him, with a stack of her own on the table.

"i'm not sure if they're of any use, but it's everything related to gangs that i could find." she spoke as he took place in front if her.

"that's great. it's a pity that haeun isn't here today. i doubt they have anything important in the public section anyway."

"mhm."

with a nod, she grabbed the first book on her stack and opened it.

she swiftly scanned the table if contents, already seeing that she probably wouldn't find anything revelant there at all.

on the other sidenof the table, chenle had started going through his own books as well.

he seemed to have just as little success though.

"this is pointless, isn't it?"

chenle asked the girl once he closed the tenth book he was looking through.

"yeah, this isn't working."

the two of them hummed, neither knowing what to do next.

"and if we just leave it to the police?"

it's not that daiyu didn't want to do something against those blood shifter, but she felt like it may be too big for them to handle it themselves.

she was scared.

and that didn't pass by chenle.

his gaze softened at her words, understanding that daiyu was in a much worse position than he was.

"i shouldn't have asked you to come here with me. this'll only put you in danger."

he wanted to comfort her in some way, not just because of what she was telling him, but also because of the way she had looked at lunch.

something was definitely up.

chenle held himself back from placing a hand on one of hers, finding it to be rather counterproductive for himself.

"that's not it. just imagine what could happen to you if do this all on your own — we should just leave it be. it doesn't look like we're getting anywhere anytime soon."

"but we're the only ones who know about seowoo."

"what makes you think that the government is dumb enough to overlook anything concerning him when solving this themselves?"

daiyu had point.

"well, it doesn't seem like they're actively solving anything, does it?."

he shrugged, and now the girl had to admit that he was the one with a point.

"then why don't you tell them about seonwoo? we basically got it all figured out already, we just lack proof."

but chenle didn't have that much trust in the authorities.

"they wouldn't listen to us without proper proof, and the only thing we have is the drawing in the book and the tattoo."

"isn't that enough?"

daiyu hadn't thought that they'd be able to keep up the conversation without fighting, considering their different opinions, but it looked like it was going well.

"i don't know. maybe he knows how to make it disappear. make-up would probably be enough, wouldn't it?"

she shook his head. she doubted that seonwoo would possess make-up that was high coverage enough to conceal the image inked into his back