Prologue

June 26th, 2022

A golden streak cut across the sky of Seoul. Some citizens took cover, some hid in their basements. Others walked along the Han river, hoping for a view of the falling satellite as it burned up. It was clearly visible by 10:30 pm, a huge burning scar through the starless night sky. Panic arose among some as it continued its path towards the central city, not burning up. The Mayor, along with numerous others watched closely as it continued to plummet towards the ground, seemingly going to strike rapidly in the north of the city. Abruptly, it changed, beginning to decelerate and change course slightly, much to the confusion of those who understood physics enough to know that it wasn't supposed to do that. It soon touched down, crashing into the forested hillside of Namsan park. A police helicopter sent to investigate arrives a few minutes later, to see nothing but some empty metal hulls, vibrantly hot metal, and footsteps leading towards the North Seoul Tower. Aside from some strange radio and digital frequencies having unintelligible tones broadcast across them repeatedly for a few minutes later that night, nothing else out of the ordinary happens.

———————————
Author's notes-
Thanks to CeoOfDreams and aWinnter for giving me the courage to finally write and publish my stories into books.