Chapter 5

A/N: I should have got more sleep before writing. Curse of literally every Writer I know lol. Anyways, Lucid chap. 5

POV: Fixer (still)
"Deal"
"Deal"
"Deal?"
"What do you mean, Deal?" Asks Yujin, annoyed.
"He already told us he's willing to work for us in exchange for stuff we can do. We don't have to pay money and even CEO Lee Trusts him. Plus, I'm grateful for him taking care of the stalker before we offered anything-" Liz Cuts her off at this point, saying
"He doesn't have to have anything beforehand, he can just blackmail us afterwards." That's offensive. There was no need to hurt my feeling in all that, even if it is technically true.
"If I was going to blackmail or threaten you into doing something, I would have started with that. No need to make a good impression if I'm planning to ruin it immediately afterwards." Nobody seems to like how I said that, but they can't disagree either. After their signature multiple-second pause to think, Yujin says
"I suppose so."  Wonyoung tacks on,
"See, Liz? He wouldn't do that... unnecessarily" Liz raises an eyebrow, clearly unimpressed by my leniency.
"And why would he keep to that promise either?" She doesn't like me. It's probably partially because I gave her a minor heart attack earlier. I have that effect on people.
"Have I ever not kept a promise I've made to you?" I ask, giving Liz a piercing look.
"Well, no. But you haven't made many."
"And you seem determined to make sure I don't make any more." At this, she looks down a moment. That comment seems to have hit home. Wonyoung, who had sat down again, taps my leg, her nail clinking against my thigh armor.
"Fixer-ssi, please, take a seat." She gestures to the seat I was sitting in.
"No, I should get going. I have work to do." I grab my long jacket from the table, and put it on. "Next time I stop by, I'll make sure to warn you." Casting a look around the room, I say goodbye with, "We'll meet again." I walk towards the door, and Liz gets out of the way without meeting my eye. Normally, I would try to either console her or try to reinforce my point, but she had genuinely hurt my feelings in a way. But at the same time, I didn't want to be rude to her. For most people, guilt will take some time but will turn their opinions around. I see no reason why this will be any different.

I leave the room, fixing my jacket and pulling up my hood. Just before I snap my mask on and step out the door, I notice a rather meek person following me. Turning, I see Rei about to tap me. "Yes?"
"Sorry, Fixer-Ssi, I just wanted to ask you something." She nearly whispers. Not expected, but that's fine. Rei is rather quiet, but I think she'll be quite fun once she escapes her shell.
"Go ahead." I say, leaning against the door and crossing my arms.
"I don't know what you're capable of doing, so I'm not sure if you can fix this but-"
"I can fix it. Trust me." I nod, trying to reassure her. "Carry on." She takes a moment, then continues speaking.
"There's been issues with my visa papers for a few weeks now. None of Starship's lawyers are sure why it's happening but it's been really scaring me." Ah, a common case of Immigrant fraud. This time, they were targeting someone big, so this is probably a group of people working together. But the higher they rise, the harder they fall.

"I'll deal with it." I tap the notes into my wrist link, and open the door.
"Thank you..." she says, quietly grateful.

POV: Rei
Back in the Living room, 2 fights had broken out. One, between Leeseo and Liz, a tickle fight. The other was Gaeul and Wonyoung, arguing between if they should tell the company and avoid fixer, and not tell the company and continue to accept his help. I've already decided part of that after asking for his help with my visa, but his connection to us after that was still in question. But I didn't really feel like getting between my Unnie and my sunbae, so I kept to the side.

I head to the kitchen, and lean against the counter. I heave a light sigh, trying to relax. I don't really know enough about Fixer to trust him or not, but it can't really hurt to have someone try and fix this. Wonyoung seems to trust him, and I trust Wonyoung, so I'll give him a chance to work on it. I won't feel relieved about it until it's all solved, but at least I know someone is working on it, because Starship's legal team didn't seem to understand. Just then, Yujin walks in and stands beside her, then puts an arm around her shoulder.
"Sorry if this is all stressing you out. I know you've got a lot going on, more than just how we're all busy with promotions. Let me know if you need anything, ok?" I wait before replying, but I can't think of anything I really need that anego-hada Yujin can give me.
"I'm alright for now, Unnie. Thank you. I'm just keeping my mind focused on things I can change myself, and not worrying about what I can't." Yujin exhales, relieved.
"Well, make sure to stop and relax sometimes. Too much focus and you'll miss something important. You're oblivious enough already." She says the last part with a giggle.
"Ya!" This giraffe, never serious when she doesn't have to be. Liz steps in, followed by Gaeul, who are talking about distrusting strangers. Hyunseo follows them, yelling over their conversation to beg for food. Wonyoung comes in last, smiling. At least, she seems happier now that the hate mail has stopped. I wonder what really happened to that boy.

Another A/N
Please comment, it makes me nervous when you don't. And yeah this chapter is a little short but next one starts getting into a different vibe. This is kinda the end of the introduction of the story, so, yay!