Chapter 30

POV: Liz
I woke up, and first checked my clock. It's around four in the morning, and I'm really thirsty. I climb out of bed and slide on my slippers, then start walking towards the door. It's dark and quiet, and that's nice. When I walk out, I head down the hallway, but when I enter the living room I see not only Y/N on the couch, but also Gaeul, sitting near him, looking over him. I go over and grab my water, and it feels a lot better, my throat was really dry. I realize, though, that Gaeul sitting there isn't normal. Especially when someone's sleeping there. What is she doing? She's looking at me, but is still sitting with her elbows on her knees, leaning over him. I walk over, and put my hand on her shoulder.
"Why are you up?" She asks.
"I was thirsty. What are you doing?"
"Just thinking." She says, looking down on him. I wait a moment, but she doesn't say anything. I sit down next to her, and ask,
"Thinking about what?"
"Him."
"What about him?" She thinks for a moment.
"Do you ever wonder where he came from?" That's an odd way of putting that.
"He told us where he was from. Some small European country."
"Do you really believe that?" I mean, I suppose he was being coy about it, but he obviously doesn't have good memories of his home.
"I don't think he's lying. Does it bother you?" She shakes her head.
"I just... I wonder." She seems conflicted about this.
"Maybe you should go back to sleep. I think you can talk to him about it. I'm sure he'll be honest with you, or he'll tell you when he doesn't want to talk about something." She thinks about it for a moment.
"Maybe. You should go back to bed. I'll go soon." I stand up, and pat her head.
"Don't bother yourself." As I start walking back towards my bedroom, I hear her sigh. I'm not sure if I made it through to her, she seems to have her mind made up.

Transcript- audio only
(Voice one) *Breathing*
(Voice two) Why are you here?
(Voice two) Why now?
(Voice two) Why me?
(Voice two) Why again?

POV: Wonyoung
Waking up, the sun is shining in my face, and it hurts a bit. I cover my eyes, shielding myself from the sun. I must have slept in late. Getting up, I walk out of my room to see if anyone else is up yet. Instead, I see a dead body on the couch? Oh no, that's just Y/N. He's not dead, and I suddenly remember what happened yesterday. Right. Walking over, he seems to be sleeping peacefully, although one of his arms is hanging off the side. He looks peaceful like this. It's the first time I've seen him looking relaxed, honestly. Even last time when I thought he was sleeping, he seemed tense. Why is it that now that he's badly hurt, is the only time he's calm? Or maybe it's just that he's really tired. Rei walks out of the master room, and I see her do the same double take as me. I wave, and smile. She smiles back and walks over. we both look down at Y/N, unsure what to say about it. He looks fine, mostly. There's a few scratches here and there, and that big bandage on his stomach. But mostly, alright. I go over and sit on the table next to him, and look closer. I can't really figure anything out though, I'm not a doctor or anything like it. He's breathing, which is good. I lean closer to his head, and his eyes seem to be twitching. Maybe he'll wake up soon!
"Hey, Rei. Go tell the others, I think he's waking up."
"Ok." She walks off, and I keep looking over him. He's got a big scar, on his chest, on the other side from his heart. It's about two inches across, and circular, with a big tan and grey patch. I don't know what could have caused it but it looks painful. He's got a lot of muscles though, and his shoulders are really wide and impressive. I wonder how he got that notch in his collarbone.

Hyunseo walks out behind me, and Rei comes after her. Yujin walks out of her room, and I waive at her to check on Liz. She knocks on Liz's door then walks to me.
"Is he awake?" She says, not whispering. I shake my head, then shush her.
"He's still out." I whisper. She shrugs.
"I'm hungry." I stand up. Watching him isn't helping.
"Let's make some food." I say, and walk towards the kitchen.

A few minutes later, and we've got some food. Everyone else is up, but nobody is talking much. We take turns looking over, and seeing if he's awake. Then, finally, Rei says,
"He moved!" Everyone stands up, and walks over. His arm twitches, and moves up to next to his stomach. Then his other one moves slightly. Then, he opens his mouth and lets out a long, slow, guttural groan. His eyes slowly open, and he looks at each of us, but I can tell his eyes lingered on me.
"Hey"his voice sounds awful, like he was drinking sand.
"Hey." I respond.
"How are you feeling?" Asks Gaeul, and she leans down to put a hand on his head. Rei also leans down, and puts a hand on his chest, and Yujin puts one on his abs. "Hand off, perverts." She says, scolding. Y/N grins.
"Not bad. How long was I out?" He says, making eye contact with Gaeul. She looks away after an instant.
"The whole night, nothing strange." He begins to sit upright, but Gaeul puts her hand on his shoulder and pushes him back. "Stay lying down until we know you're ok." He puts his hand over hers, grasping it, and says,
"I'm ok." She freezes for a moment, then pulls her hand away, and he sits up and rights himself on the couch. He leans against the back, and asks,
"So what's up?" Everyone looks at him, stunned.
"You almost died!" Says Yujin, sounding annoyed. He shrugs.
"Nothing unusual. Besides, this is nothing. You guys got some food?"

AN- it's short, sorry. Only 100 words instead of my usually 1500 goal