CHAPTER eleven

Thank you for reading ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ please vote too. Love you 😘😘😘😘

Chapter eleven: the escape

What do I do? I can’t go back to my family; I might put them in danger and I can’t go back to him. I am pregnant and should be thinking of my baby too. I must run away. I turn to look at the driver and he was on the phone, probably giving him updates of where I am and what I’m doing. This is my last chance of escaping. If I don’t do it now, I might never be able to leave.

It was as if for once God was on my side, one of the children playing the football broke his leg there and then and screamed. His mother, I am sure, rushed to his side and a couple of people also gather around. Soon, there was a crowd gathering around the boy and I joined. 

Making sure that I had successful minded with the crowd, I moved towards another end of the park and snatched a dark fur coat from one of the benches there and put it on. Some passer byers were also moving towards the scene, I successfully mingled with that crowd and got away.

I ducked my head in the coat with my heart thundering loudly within me and went behind a nearby building.

I knew I didn’t have enough time. The driver might have noticed my disappearance by now and Kwame Agyapong was definitely on his way. So, I needed to act fast.

I searched the coat I had on and actually found a wallet. I took the money in the wallet and tossed the wallet away. I searched the coat again and found a phone. The phone surprisingly had no lock on it so I called the number Empress gave me.

After a few rings, she picked it up and  assured me she wasn’t far from where I was after I gave her my location. I placed the phone in the pocket of the coat and threw them away and hid in a corner and waited. She indeed came over and I got into her car. 

Inside her car, I began to think things through. True, my decision was haste but I am sure anyone in my position will do same. Also, I have been meaning to get away for a long time so I should be thrilled. But I was not.

Part of me wanted to go back to Kwame Agyapong and demand that he explains things to me, but I knew if I was to go back to him, I would believe whatever he tells me because I love him. On the other hand, I had no reason to trust this lady. She might be evil for all I know.

There were so many conflicting thoughts running through my mind. I was suddenly so tired maybe it was because of the pregnancy. I didn’t even know the time I fell asleep. When I woke up, we were passing through a metal gate

“Where are we?” I asked.

“We are in Tepa. Don’t worry, Kwame’s hand can’t reach here.”
We got down and I saw this nice and small house.

“This is where you will be staying until you decide what to do. This is my get away house and apart from the company that built it years ago and myself, no one knows of it. You are safe. Go in and rest for now. I have ordered some take away that will arrive soon. You can tell the delivery guy to put it at the door step when he arrives and then go for it when he leaves. I will see you tomorrow.” And with that, she left in her car.

Today has been a long day and I don’t know whether I should be happy or sad about it.

After eating, I went to bed. Like we used to say way back in school, what will come will come. I will take this one step at a time.

That night, I had a nightmare. In my dream, Kwame had shot me in my stomach and the lady called Empress was at his side laughing at me as I fell to the floor.

When I woke up, I knew I wasn’t safe and so I called Maryrose at around 3 in the morning and asked her to loan me some cash. She promised to help me. I told her what has been happening for the last five months.

She had actually gone to my dad’s place to look for since she didn’t hear from me again after that night I went there. My dad actually told her I was married and had moved out of the country and that I will probably call her when I settle down.

She wasn’t convinced but had nothing to say to that. We ended talking for a while but immediately we were done, I was out of the house. I left a note saying thank you.

I moved farther in to the northern region. I was going to stay here and be far away from Kwame Agyapong, as far as possible.

*******************************
Kwame Agyapong

To say I was pissed was an understatement. I have searched through the entire region and I can’t find her. It’s been weeks and I am going crazy. Where the hell is she? I keep yelling. I can’t focus on anything right now. All my businesses are being managed by my subordinates, something that has never happened before; because, I like to do things on my own. It is the reason I’m so successful now, but right now, I can’t seem to care about anything.

I knew I loved her but I never knew it was this much. I am a mess and nothing seems to cheer me up, not the drinks nor the women. I can’t even bring myself to touch a woman. I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, I can’t concentrate on anything. I never knew I was capable of crying.

I thought I was strong and tough and nothing could break me but here I was, crying my eyes out every night because of a woman. My woman. The woman I was planning to marry soon and spend the rest of my life. The woman that didn’t think twice before leaving me.

I was angry at first and nearly beat the bodyguard to death when I found out what happened. I mean how can he let my woman slip away just like that when I was paying him that much for just that fucking job.

Then I was mad at her. Why did she run away? Yes, I might have been the reason but I trusted her not to run. I said I was never going to hurt her but God, this time around she crossed the line and I am going to make sure she understands hell when I lay my hands on her.

Later after I had calm down and after thinking everything through, I realized everything was my fault. She was bound to run with the way I treated her. I have been crying and pleading to God to let her come back to me but nothing.

I sent someone to her dad’s place to check but she wasn’t there and hasn’t been there from the day I took her. I have searched everywhere I thought she would go but I came up with nothing. It was as if I was chasing air.

‘God, please I promise if you bring her back to me, I will treat her right.’

It has been ages since I prayed but I hoped the old man up there overlooks my sins and answers me.

I was impressed, she really did pull a number on me. It looks like someone helped her but I got the best detectives on the job and I’m sure I am going to find that motherfucker and when I do, that person will be six feet under. Nobody messes with me and go scout free.

I extended my search to the southern part after making sure she was not in the Ashanti region.

‘Baby girl, I will find you. I don't care how long it takes, I will definitely do and that is a promise.