4 - Party

Rotxo POV:

I laughed it off,
"No nana we aren't together."
I looked down and continued eating.

Me and Kiri left the pod since my grandma told us to go have some fresh air.
"Is everything alright?" Kiri asked, turning to face towards me.
"Yeah," I replied, still looking down. We sat on the edge of the dock and dangled our feet near the water.
"Is it what I said to your grandma," Kiri asked.
I quickly covered my face and looked away in embarrassment.
"It's true?"
"Eywa, just say you don't like me," I yelled.
She grabbed my face and said,
"How would you know that I don't like you?"
She let go of my face and left. What could this have meant?

Kiri POV:

Rotxo was so confusing. I hope that gave him a hint that I actually had feelings for him. I went back to my pod to tell Tsireya everything. Hurriedly, I barged into Lo'ak's room, something was going on in there (kissing ofc).
"Woah learn how to knock!" Lo'ak screamed.
"Damn Lo'ak you have game?" I joked.
"Tsireya come to my room please," I added.
"Alright alright," Tsireya rushed. Lo'ak just rolled his eyes and left to get some food from the kitchen.

In my room, me and Tsireya sat down on my bed. "So what is it?" Tsireya asked.
"Well I may or may not have told Rotxo I had a crush on him, like just a hint," I said.
"Oh my Eywa, really, you two are so cute!" Tsireya exclaimed.
"It's gonna be so awkward when we meet now," I scratched the back of my head.
"Don't worry, me, Neteyam, Lo'ak and Aonung will help you," Tsireya reassured.
"Thank you!" I thanked.
We both hugged but she pulled away and said she didn't want Lo'ak to wait for her.

There was a really big event, the Sky People had been defeated so we celebrated it by inviting the whole village together. Tsireya and I got dressed up together, she had the best jewellery and clothes ever. She helped me pick my outfit and what looked best for me! "You look so cute for you know who.." Tsireya teased.
I rolled my eyes but inside I agreed, I looked cute as hell, definitely for my soon to be bae.

Rotxo POV:

"Yo, what you wearing for the event?" Lo'ak asked.
"I don't know bro," my ears pointed down.
"Bro I'll help you look good for my sister," Lo'ak suggested. I nodded my head, I hope he had a good idea. His closet was massive, he had so many clothes and shoes. He picked out the most stylish outfit, I exclaimed,
"I love it!"
"You look great bro," Lo'ak said.
I checked my self out in the mirror and Lo'ak came behind and reassured,
"Don't worry about it too much, I'm sure Kiri will fall in love at first sight."
Neteyam and Aonung came walking in with their outfits ready too.
"Wow Rotxo, you look nice," Neteyam complimented.
"I agree," Aonung added.
"Thanks I couldn't have down it without Lo'ak," I blushed.

The party had begun, everyone was arriving so early. I patiently waited outside with Lo'ak.
"When so you think they're going to be here?" I asked.
"Anytime soon," Lo'ak responded.
"Let's go get some drinks to kill time," Lo'ak added. I nodded my head and we headed inside to find the bar. Lo'ak and I both ordered champagne for now while we were waiting for the girls to arrive. Once Lo'ak saw them arriving and he quickly told me. We went up to them but all Kiri did was avoid me and whispered something to Tsireya and left. My smile turned into a frown. What was I doing that was so wrong?

Poor Rotxo ☹️