[V.3] That Day

[The following contains spoilers of Chihayafuru]

[The following content is written with Sudo's P.O.V.]

We went to a nearby 24-hour convenience store as it was raining not long after we left the meeting hall; it was drizzling before. Yuzuki went to buy a drink at the cashier as I sit by near the window.

"Here..." Yuzuki put down two cups of warm tea in front of me.

"What's this?" I asked carelessly

"Warm tea..."

'I know these are tea, but what is this for' I said to myself as I looked at her waiting for an explanation.

"Um, we were caught in the rain before we arrive here. So you should warm yourself with it... I also put a little amount of honey to prevent us from getting the flu as it contains vitamin C" she explains carefully. I find it fairly interesting how she acts differently in every situation, usually, when she plays Karuta in an official match she's like 'You thought you could have won against me just because I gave you leads?' as she smirks at her opponent. When she plays Karuta with me, which obviously I have the most wins, she's more like 'I knew it... You're just too strong for me, Sudo-sama' as she frowns. Lastly, when it's not Karuta related she's like a lost puppy 'Huh?... mmm... well...'.

Yuzuki was drinking her tea then gasped a little "ah! Now I remember...." she mumbled, as I looked at her curiously.

"We've met before..." She looks at me, trying to make sure whether her memory was right or not.

"Well duh" I said

"I meant... during Junior High School, I believe I've seen Sudo-san along with Amakasu-san and Mochida-sensei. Was it during the tournament in Fuji?... but it was during that time... 3-4 years ago? I think" Yuzuki explains as she tries to point it out.

"I remember you" I said as I rest my chin on my hand. She wasn't wrong, we were at the same tournament in Fuji 3-4 years ago, but that's a story for another time.

"Eh, you do?" Yuzuki seems surprised.

"We had a tournament once... but of course, I win that time" I smiled confidently.

".... I don't remember" Yuzuki said plainly

"You don't remember much, do you?..."

"... well, that's that... aren't you going to drink your tea?" Yuzuki asked me as she kept staring at my cup.

"I don't drink sweet things" I replied as I waited for the rain to stop. I don't consume a lot of sweet things, I've always preferred savoury or bland foods.

Yuzuki looked pissed in a way and calmly replied to me "you're so picky... just drink it or you'll catch a cold or fever" she grabbed the cup and hold it in front of me "your shoulder's wet so is your hair, a bit, you'll get sick if you don't drink it."

I stared at her and there was a moment of silence between us. She's persistent. "I'll take it because you bought it for me" I drank the honey tea she bought me, but she looked a bit lost when I actually took it.

"...._____" she mumbled something. She looks at me and stated "T...that's right, please don't tell any of the Hokuo members that I'm dating Sudo-san... to be frank, don't tell anyone"

It wasn't like I'm going to tell the Hokuo members anyway, but after she stated that I suppose I can mess with her a bit "Hoh? Hm~ should we make a bet on it? The winner of the next karuta match can announce or keep it a secret?" I said half-jokingly.