[V.4] Isn't it funny?

[The following contains spoilers of Chihayafuru]

[The following content is written with Sudo's P.O.V.]

It was sprinkling and we had just finished our match that day.

"You really think you could win huh? You think you could take this "Sa" card, don't you?" I held the "Sa" card in my hand and let out a dominant smile "Keke, oh did you think you can also take this "Tare" card?" I held the "Tare" card in my other hand and laughed at her, I was having fun teasing her. I was glad that she seemed to have returned to her usual self, then she had muffled something.

"Did you say something?" I asked as I sit relaxed. She glanced at me and then sits seiza.

"I like you, Sudo-san..." she said... or that's what I heard, she then continued on saying lots of things, then she suddenly bowed to me as she said "Please guide me and allow me to be your companion, Sudo-san"

I just stared at her, to be frank, I didn't expect her to confess to me first, she didn't look like the type to confess. Is this why she had looked distant the whole day? She left right after without even hearing what I have to say, she closes the door behind her "pfft..." I covered my mouth as I look at the door.

---

The next afternoon we had Karuta practice as usual, and she had begun to bring up yesterday's topic.

"Forget it" I replied to her, well it doesn't mean I'm rejecting her... I just haven't answered her. I want to give her a proper answer, I don't want to give her an answer in the spur of the moment. Right now, her brain is releasing dopamine; she's repeating the moment because it made her feel good. To be frank, she can't think clearly right now. And supposedly that also applies to me.

---

She didn't come to the Todai Karuta society for several days ever since that day and I'm pretty sure she practiced at Hokuo. What a nuisance. Thought, that several days did help us both. Once she finally came, she asked me to have a match with her, I suppose she has been polishing her skill these past few days to beat me, but of course, as always, I would have the most wins.

"Well, what a fool of you to challenge me, kekeke. We should have made a bet; it would have been more fun~ don't you agree?" I smirked as she stared sharply at me, clenching her fists tightly.

"Ok, I'll take it" I stated as I sit relaxed

"..." Yuzuki glanced at me

"I'll take you as my companion... and I'll guide you too" I explained as I smiled at her.

"Ugh, no way! Get lost!" Yuzuki replied. Now, I wonder why she is mad at me, shouldn't she be happy that I didn't reject her and accepted her feelings? She is surely a nuisance and we argued for a while.

".... Yuzuki" I called her out as I corrected my postures and crossed my legs "I like you"

"...." Yuzuki gazed at me in surprise

"Even if you think I'm messing with you, I like you" I said sincerely.

"We're about to close, don't forget to clean up the place, alright?" One of the Todai Karuta society members came in and interrupt.

"Hmp! Oh well, let's clean the place up" I said as I grin at her. It's funny, isn't it?

We left the place after we cleaned it up. I started to brag about my win, and nag about Yuzuki being Yuzuki.

"Ng..." Yuzuki stopped for a while as she looked down at her shoes. I kept on walking as I continue to nag, but then I complimented her "but the way you play Karuta is really unique, it wasn't bad" I smirk as I look behind to find her stop walking. I gazed at her for a while. It started to drizzle then I called out for her "let's go" I walked first, then she had run and walked beside me with a wide smile.

---

I started to smile by myself as I look back on how silly it was.

"Is there something funny?" Yuzuki asked me

"Nothing... Oh? The rain had stopped" I mention as I looked outside

"It really has... well it's getting late now; we should get going" Yuzuki stated as she stands.

"Hah, well... I'll be good to you now, take it as a courtesy from me" I said proudly.

"...." Yuzuki freezes as she dropped her bag. We leave the convenience store as we walked down the moist road that night. I couldn't say that I'm not happy now.