[V.6] A Date?

[The following content is written with Sudo's P.O.V.]

Yuzuki came by to practice at the Todai karuta society. She has been coming here often as if she is a member here, but she's not. People don't seem to mind her being here anyways.

"..." l looked at her as she was cleaning up the cards.

"Do you need something?" She looked at me curiously.

"What was that request you asked for?" I asked bluntly.

--Last Sunday--

Yuzuki took a deep breath and look at the cards left on the field. 5 cards. She had lost with a 5-card margin. Her opponent began to count the card and return it to the front desk as the winner has to return the cards.

"The winner for the Shiga Individual tournament in class-A is... Shizuka-san! Congratulations" The staff handed out the certificate to all the winners and runner-ups. Yuzuki had lost in the final by 5 cards, she smiled wistfully as she looks at her certificate. 'I lost' she thought to herself 'I was being arrogant, wasn't I?' She continued as she reflects on herself.

---

"So you see, I'm not going to tell you since I lost" she replied calmly as she was counting the cards.

"..." I flick her head "Those who think they might win even though the game isn't yet over, are sure to lose! I thought you know better than anyone at that!" I tap her forehead annoyedly.

"I know! I reflect on that and I wouldn't be arrogant anymore!" She rubbed her forehead. I sighed and crossed my legs.

"I supposed you put too much pressure on yourself during the last match as well" I said as Yuzuki was startled and looked down.

"That's a shame, but you did win 2nd place, right?" I asked her.

"What- well yeah as a runner-up... that's true" she mumbled.

"You didn't specify about winning first place, so what's your request?" I raised my eyebrow as her eyes widen.

"It's nothing really... And to make it clear, I meant winning first place, but since I lost uhm.. it doesn't really matter now. I'm currently on a budget anyways" She pouts.

"Then forget about the terms and just tell me what you wanted"

"I've troubled you enough... a deal is a deal though" She's persistent. She's being too hard on herself.

"Glad you realize that. It's up to you then" I sighed.

We continue to practice a few more times and decided to go home right after. We walked together to the station, Yuzuki bought some sweets along the way and eats them. I started to look up my phone and looked at my calendar.

"Are you busy in 2 weeks?" I ask her as it was about to be summer's break in 2 weeks

"2 weeks? Let's see... hm...." she kept on wobbling as she chews her mochi "Supposedly not... I don't have any schedule in 2 weeks. But I don't know if we are going to have a summer training camp, I'll update you on that" she said carelessly.

"If you're free, wanna go with me somewhere during the weekends?" I asked as she looks at me surprised

"A date?..." she froze as she looks in disbelief.

"You could say that"

"What is this?... Are you okay?"

"You're getting on my nerves right now"