i'm sitting here crying in my prom dress

Charlie was going prom dress shopping she spent hours trying to find a dress that fit her dad's rules when she finally decided on a dress.

She goes home happy with her decision and she feels like a princess in the dress she had gotten. She walked into the house and saw her brothers and her dad playing Mario Cart in the living room. 

"Sissy" her 6-year-old brother yells 

"Lottie" the other 3 yelled

Landon, Mason, Paxton, and Parker all ran over and hugged their sister. 

"Hi Dad"

"Hi Charlotte, Your grandparents will be here soon go get ready," He said back coldly 

Charlotte? He never called her Charlotte  

She shrugged it off and went upstairs and got ready. 

When she was done curling her hair and putting on light make-up, she put on the dress, she heard a knock on her door and it was her dad telling her that everyone was there.  She took a deep breath and walked out. Olivia saw her and said she looked beautiful, she looked over at her dad who had a disgusted look on his face. her heart shattered in two. 

She had felt like a princess in that dress and her dad couldn't even look at her. Olivia looked at her daughter's face she looked back at Joe grabbed his arm and pulled him to their room. she followed them to listen.

"Joe, did you even look at how beautiful she looked, our daughter-" 

"shes not your daughter she's mine" She heard him get up from where he was sitting

"And my bad for not wanting every guy trying to get into her pants, I mean just look at her, especially in that dress " 

Olivia slapped him

"How dare you say that about OUR daughter, yes Joe, I'm not her biological mother, but I have been here since day one. The Joe I know would've never said that to his little girl, she stressed about how she looked, she wanted you to tell her how beautiful she looked, but no you chose to be an asshole about it." 

"she looks like you, Mother like daughter I guess" 

She ran downstairs to Dylan, her date, and told him she wouldn't make it, he saw the tears In her eyes.

"Charlie, it's fine, call me if you need me." 

She ran up to her room running into Ja'Marr, she shoved passed him, and he saw the tears in her eyes. She got to her room and started balling her eyes out, sliding down the door. 

After a while, Ja'Marr, Tee, and Sam came up, she was still crying on her floor, they walked in and saw the crying teen.

"Is this a wife's thing, what can we do for you?" Ja'Marr asked

she made grabby hands he walked over and hugged her.

"Uncle 'Marr," she said quietly 

"yes, little Burrow" 

"do you think there's something wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"No, not at all... you look beautiful"

Gracie walked in with Olivia who looked like she had been crying, the boys left to go talk to Joe.

"Mommy" she cried

"I know baby, I'm so sorry" 

Landon, Mason, Paxton, and Parker walked in and ran to their sister, she cried and cried. 

Once she stopped she looked up and felt tiny fingers on her face, her youngest brother Parker was wiping her tears away. 

"You look so beautiful, Lottie," he said in his baby voice, she let out a little laugh.

"Thanks, Bubba"

Joe's teammates talked to him, he had felt so bad when he heard about Charlie crying.

Charlie got out of her dress removed her makeup and put her hair in a messy bun.

She was falling asleep, but all she could think about was why her dad said that.

When she fell asleep Joe went into her room. He sat at her desk and looked at her, he looked over to see her dress, it made him tear up just thinking about it.

'I'm sorry, Charlotte,  I've been such a bad father, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry,"