Chapter 7

"(Y/N)." Gasping at Jade's voice, you sat up and looked around.

You didn't see him anywhere. Trying to calm your racing heart, you looked down. Frowning when you saw that your legs were back to a (F/C) tail. Looking up, you saw that it was already daytime. So, you turn into a Naga in the daytime and a human at night. That must be what Jade meant when he said your transformation isn't complete. You're just scared of what it takes to complete.

"Macy, Jake, wake up." Your ordered, slipping out from between the two of them, "We have to go."

They got up rather slowly, but when they looked at you their eyes went wide.

"(Y/N), your tongue." Jake whispered, making you flinch.

Sticking your tongue out, you hesitantly touched it. Feeling that it was thin and forked like a snake's tongue. What bothered you even more is that you could practically taste smells. Their fear was like a sour grape. The smell of the water tasted clean. Then there was the smell of blood. The only thoughts you had were danger and Jade. He's closer than you thought.

"Go." You demanded, looking around while pushing them towards the village, "He's here. He's close. Run."

That was all the warning you had to give them. Both of them taking off with you slither close behind them. The fear from last night returning.

"(Y/N)!" Looking back when you heard the roar, you screamed when you saw Jade was moving from tree to tree.

His horrifying crawl and possessive look in his eyes reminding you of a villain in a horror movie. Turning back, you tried slithering faster. Screaming when you felt something land on your tail and sharp nails pull you to a stop. You hit the ground and gasped for air. Then he started pulling you to him. Tears swelling in your eyes as you shook your head.

"I love a good chase." He admitted, as you dug your nails in the ground for some way to resist his pull, "We'll have to do this again when we're mated." 

"The hell you will." Looking up at Jake's voice, you saw him swing a large branch over your head.

Then you heard Jade grunt, and his hands leave you. That was the chance you were hoping for.

Slithering off, you grabbed Jake's arm as you went. You're sure that hit wouldn't knock Jade out, but it should be enough to stun him for a minute. Going faster, you let out a breath of relief when you saw Macy up ahead. Waving as she pointed between some trees.

"The village is just up ahead." She yelled, making you smile.

Safety at last. A chance to go back to complete human. Hearing sticks breaking just to your right, your joy vanished to fear. Risking a look, you saw a blur of white and brown, then you felt Jake being torn away from your grasp. You slid to a stop to save him, but his screams pierced your ears as you turned. Jade already had his fangs buried in Jake's neck. Silencing Jake's screams.

Screams of fear leaving you and Macy. Jade pulled away from Jake, but only glared and dug his fangs in again. Shivering at the sight, you felt Macy grab your arms and pull you away.

"(Y/N), he's gone. We have to go." She pleaded, snapping you from your fear.

Looking at Jake one last time, you continued on. Going faster with the knowledge that Macy has a chance at being safe.  Finally leaving the trees, you panted for breath.

"Help us!" Macy screamed, catching their attention, "He's after us."

"He poisoned us. The others are dead." You whimpered, shaking your head to get the image of Jake's death out of your head.

"He did something to (Y/N)." Macy continued as the villagers surrounded the two of you.

With the villagers close by, you felt safe. That was until a woman screamed. Terrified that Jade was attacking the village, you turned around. The villagers gasped as they backed away from you. Dragging Macy away from you.

"She's been cursed!" A woman yelled, as everyone's looks of fear matched what you felt, "Kill the cursed one!"

Watching as several approached with their spears, you looked to Macy for help. She was trying to reach you, but she was being held back. A helpless look on her face as she looked at you, before she started speaking to the villager that held her back.

"W..wait. Please I need your help." You pleaded, but it didn't seem to work.

You didn't expect them to act like this. You knew they were scared of Nagas, but they know you were human. They know that you're nice. That you hadn't done anything wrong. They won't even listen to Macy now. Swallowing the lump in your throat, you backed up as they nearly stabbed you with their spears. You can't imagine what's worse. Being killed by the villagers or being forced to becoming Jade's mate. At least with Jade you'll have a chance at escaping and living.

Making up your mind, you slithered back into the jungle.