Chapter 12

Seeing the sharped tooth grin from Muna, you lunged at him. Ready to choke the life out of him. You would have to if Damian hadn't wrapped his arm around you to keep you from attacking. Muna only widened his grin at you more, making you furious that he was messing with you.

"Easy (Y/N). If you hurt Teach here, Neeka won't be happy." Muna taunted.

Letting out a breath, you stepped back. Glancing up at Damian, you gave him a nod to let him know that you were okay. He seemed hesitant, but let you go. Not fast enough apparently though, because there was a roar before you saw Jade slither on stage. His tail flicking sharply as he bared his fangs. Seeing where this was going you wanted to block Jade's way of getting to Damian, but Damian put you behind him.

"She was going to attack Muna, so I stopped her." Damian answered, with a dangerous tone in his voice, "If you want every Naga here to hate you for your mate killing Muna, then I won't stop her."

Looking past Jade as Neeka got on stage, you saw the confusion on her face before she frowned when she saw Muna. She must have pieced together what happened.

"Muna, you know better than to approach the humans you trap." She growled, earning a shoulder shrug from him.

"I had a question for the teacher, but I saw them getting snuggled up on the stage."

Hearing the sharp hiss from Jade, you shook your head to deny it, "I had a question about the dances, and I asked him."

"You should have asked me." Jade muttered sending a glare to Damian, "I'm sick of you being near my mate." 

"Then you're going to get worse when I have to spend all day tomorrow with her when you go hunting and Neeka starts her prayers." Damian snapped, making Jade immediately tense.

His tail flicking sharply before he moved closer to grab your arm. Pulling you closer so he could wrap his arms around you. Hearing Neeka sigh, you saw her slither between the two of them.

"Boys, this is a unity celebration. You're making it awkward and causing trouble for the new mates." She lectured, which is when you noticed everyone was watching.

"I guess I'll ask you later teacher." Muna chuckled, slithering away.

Damian only glared at him as he left, but you couldn't help but think about that title. If Damian was really the teacher that went missing, that would explain some things. Especially how some of the Naga's can speak your language so well. You want to ask him directly, but with Jade's temperament towards Damian, you figured it would be best to save that question for tomorrow.

"(Y/N), we're leaving." Jade growled, grabbing your hand tightly to drag you away.

Knowing you couldn't break away from him, you silently followed him. You don't want to be alone with him though. Feeling him slow down, you glanced around at the empty pathways and the buildings. You were almost scared to speak, but the silence was even more frightening.

"Jade?" You squeaked, flinching when he turned to you with a small glare.

"Do you like him?" He demanded, making you blink at him, "Do you like Damian?"

You already know his response if you say you do like Damian. The last thing you want is for Jade to kill Damian. Your only ticket of getting off this island and away from Jade.

"Damian is relatable." You explained carefully, "We were both taken away from our kind and forced to change species. I've got questions and feelings about it that I'm trying to work through. Damian has already gone through it, or he is going through it. I guess you could say I'm using him for my comfort." 

Seeing him open the door to the hut, you hesitated before going in before him. Sitting in front of the firepit, you watched him slither around. He was gathering materials and throwing them in the fire pit before lighting it. You could see the hurt on his face, but he barely said anything as he sat behind you. His tail wrapping around your legs tightly as his arms locked around your waist.

"Why?" He muttered, "I hate seeing you get close to another male. Especially him. I've tried everything to make you see how much I love you. You still prefer the company of another male over your future mate's. I don't want you cheating on me."

Going quiet, you could feel him crying against the back of your shoulder. You don't really care, but you don't want to hear his crying all night. Putting an arm on the one he had around your waist, you patted his hand to comfort him.

"I won't cheat on you." You assured him, " He's just someone who understands what I'm going through."

He was quiet for a while, so you thought he understood for once, until he grabbed your chin hard and made you look up at him. There was a cold possessiveness in his eyes that scared you.

"Alright, Beautiful. However, the next time he does anything more than offer advice, I will kill him." He warned with a dark tone in his voice, as he moved his lips closer to yours, "I don't care if he's my sister's future mate. He will not get that close to you again, understand?"

Swallowing the lump in your throat, you nodded, which made him grin. Feeling him kiss your lips, your body went tense. It was rougher than the others and somehow more possessive. You could tell he was getting impatient with you. When he finally pulled away, he sighed in contentment as he smiled at you.

"I can't wait for you to turn into a full Naga so we can continue our unity." He chuckled almost flirtatiously, "I know you will like what I've got in store for you. I can already hear you screaming all night long."

When his tail and arms around you tightened, you decided to just play along, "That sounds amazing."

You tried to give a real smile, while praying your chance of escape will come sooner rather than later.