XII

"Paulo, what are you doing here?" I asked, looking at him. He was wearing a suit, holding my favorite flowers, Diphylleia grayi's.

"Isa, I need to talk to you, please."

I looked at him, then back at Pedri, who was holding my waist, and who was staring right at Paulo with a look that could kill.

"Paulo, I'm not sure tonight is the best day to do this..."

"I need to talk to you Isa, I'm sorry if I'm ruining your night, but I really need to speak to you. Please?"

I need back at Pedri, who was already looking at me. I gave him a quick kiss on my cheek and walked toward Paulo. He went in for a hug, but I just kept walking with my arms crossed. I led him towards my car.

"Why are you here Paulo?"

"Please don't call me Paulo Iz."

"That is your name, right? What do you want me to call you by your entire name?" I stared at him. He looked at me teary eyed. He kept opening and closing his mouth seeming as though he wanted to say something, but the words refused to come out.

"Paulo, I have people to get back to."

"I'm sorry Iz, for all of it. I was upset and jealous and I couldn't keep my anger in. I understand I hurt you, God hearing you cry over call was killing me. I couldn't help but be upset that you were hanging out with all these guys, and getting all close with Pedri, and I couldn't handle it. I know that the ways I dealt with it was horrible, but I didn't know what else to do than be angry." he said, basically crying at this point while I was about to.

"I get that Paulo, but do you understand the same happened to me? We went out to dinner and the entire time you talked about another girl. I waited years for you Dy, I waited for my moment, and I never got it, so why is it fair that when I finally begin to move on and accept the fact that we wouldn't happen, you have to come out here and cause problems?"

"I was jealous! God, for fucking years I've loved you and tried my hardest to hint it at you, but it seemed nearly impossible to get the point through. I tried to get you fucking jealous, and good I knew I fucked up the moment I heard you tear up when I hugged you."

"I don't where this leaves us Dy, I really don't know."

"I want to be with you, more than anything in the world, but I understand if I'm too late, but I also can't just stay friends with you. I can't deal with only being your friend and watching you fall in love with someone like Pedri, I just can't."

"What are you saying? Now that I start having feelings for someone else, they aren't good enough for me?"

"Iz, in my eyes no one will ever be enough for you, not even myself as much as I wish I was. I'm not perfect, not nearly as perfect as you are. But please, I beg you give this a chance?"

"I can't give you that right now Dy. I can be friends with you but after everything you fucking said to me without a stutter, I can't trust you nearly as much as I did before."

"Okay, I understand. But I swear I will prove myself to you. Even if it's the last thing I will ever go to do Iz."

"Come here." I pulled Paulo into a hug. We were both a hot mess of tears, sobbing and laughing in one another's arms.

Paulo will always be my first love, but maybe that's all it was meant to be, a one-sided love. Yes, Paulo said that he loved me too, but I saw the way that a girl would catch his eye, and all his attention was lost. We stayed like that for a few minutes before heading back to the group.

At first it was a little awkward since we both came to the group faces swollen from crying, and his arm around my shoulder trying to keep me close.

Pedri noticed the look on my face and immediately came running up to me and pulled me into a hug. Paulo waved me off and went to go say hi to my dad and Xavi.

"Hey, what happened gorgeous?"

"I'll tell you about it later." I replied, pulling away from the hug and looking at me in the eyes.

He pulled me close and slung his arm over my shoulder like Paulo had previously done. I looked over at him and saw him shutter when he saw our position. I sent him an apologetic smile, him returning one to me. Pedri led me to the group where most of the guys tried to comfort me while a few tried to jump at Paulo. I called them down and told them it was just a misunderstanding that had already been resolved. Once they finally let it go, I called Paulo over to introduce him to the group.

"Guys, this is Paulo, Paulo this is the Barca team." I said introducing them to one another.

They all said hi and we began to talk. Pedri was on my right, and Paulo was on my left while Gavi was right in front of me giving me an apologetic look for being stuck where I was. I just shrugged it off. I wanted to lean on someone but didn't know who to pick so I just got up and walked over to Gavi and he pulled me into a hug. We stayed like that with him holding me close while I leaned on him. Both Pedri and Paulo gave Gavi a look that wanted to kill.

I looked at both of them and shrugged them off. It was clear that Gavi and I had no feelings for one another. After the little incident in the car, Gavi and I have grown close. It felt nice to have a friendship like the one I had with Gavi.

It began to get late, but I decided to stay in the same place. I ended up getting tired, but I just closed my eyes and leaned a little closer toward Gavi.

I eventually gave up the fight, and let myself lose consciousness and fall asleep.