Lothlórien

Chapter 5 - Lothlórien

I sat on a rock looking at the horizon, not able to do anything but cry for I had lost someone I cared a lot for. I sat there, remembering all the good memories I had with Gandalf. I remember him coming to Rivendell a lot. He would always do fireworks because he knew I loved it. All the different vibrant colors and sparks, it was magical. I felt a hand on my shoulder but I did not even have the strength to look up. I shifted to the right a little so that the person could sit down next to me on the rock. But that made my hip hurt a lot and I yelped.

"Are you all right?" Legolas asked me as he touched my hair lightly with his soft hands.

"Yes. Do not worry about me."

"Let me see your wound." He said and showed him the deep cut on my hip. He touched it with the end of his fingers and I moaned in pain.

"I'm so sorry, Aearel. I did not mean to hurt you." He told me as my eyes met his deep blue ones. I just stared at him for a while and we both didn't say anything. It was odd, but a good kind of odd.

"Legolas! Get them up!" Aragorn shouted to Legolas who turned his head to face him.

"Aragorn! Aearel is hurt!" Legolas told Aragorn and they both looked at me worried as I felt myself get weaker. I was loosing too much blood, I could feel it.

"Give them a moment for pities sake!" Boromir cried.

"By nightfall these hills will be swarming with orcs! We must reach the woods of Lothlórien. Come, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, get them up!" He shouted back at him before kneeling in front of me and observing my wound.

"We will get you some help when we reach Caras Galadhon." He said and I nodded as I tried to get back on my feet. I was having trouble so Legolas came and helped me stand up.

"I will walk with you." He spoke softly and smiled at me. I smiled back at him before we all started to walk towards the woods of Lothlórien.

***

We were walking in silence across a meadow and then into the woods. I watched around me as everybody walked in front of Legolas and I. He had his hand on my back and he helped me keep my balance because I kept falling onto the ground.

"Stay close, young hobbits." Gimli broke the silence we had been in since we had left Moria. "They say a great sorceress lives in these woods. An Elf-Witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell.. and are never seen again." He said and Legolas and I looked at each other with a smirk on our faces. Gimli was quite a dwarf but he managed to make us all laugh, even if that was not his intention. I noticed Frodo looking around him quickly, he seemed nervous for some reason.

"Mr. Frodo?" Sam called him.

"Well! Here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily! I have the eyes of a hawk, and ears of a fox." He spoke very loudly and suddenly an arrow was appeared in front of my face. I looked around me and saw that all the other members of the Fellowship also had an arrow pointed to their faces. At that moment, I started to hear a voice in my head. The voice was calling my name, it echoed in my head. Aearel... Aearel... I shook my head to try and stop it.

"Aearel?" Legolas called my name after he drew an arrow of his own in response.

"The dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark." One of the elves said as he stepped forward. He turned around and stared at me with a questioning look on his face. He was about to say something to me but Legolas put his hand on my shoulder and looked at him, almost protectively, and the elf just walked to Aragorn.